IX / Pieces

WARNINGS: Vehicular collisions; strong language

-Day 8; Wednesday, June 7th, 2017-

Shortly after Kris Wu had left with Kim Junmyeon, Kim Minseok left with Kim Jongdae, and Oh Sehun, Huang Zitao, and Xi Luhan departed as well.

That left only Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo, and Park Chanyeol in the Do household, Kyungsoo cleaning up what was left out from the night's events, Chanyeol still situated on the couch with Baekhyun cuddled up to him.

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun murmured quietly once Kyungsoo had went into the kitchen to do some of the washing up.

"Mhm?" Chanyeol hummed in reply. He tilted his head down, pressing his lips against Baekhyun's warm forehead.

"I'm sorry." he muttered.

Chanyeol was confused at this. Baekhyun had nothing to be sorry for- he wasn't exactly sure of tonight's events on Baekhyun's part, but he knew that whatever had happened wasn't Baekhyun's fault.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Chanyeol said softly, allowing his lips to brush against Baekhyun's forehead.

"I do." Baekhyun argued. "I think I killed him, Chanyeol."

"What happened, Baekkie?" Chanyeol asked, unnerved. He tried his best to mask his nervousness. He pushed himself up on the sofa, sitting up. Baekhyun moved with him, still resting his head on Chanyeol's chest.

"I was leaving to come to see you." Baekhyun started. "But then my brother, Woohyun, came out and told me that I had promised to drive him to Seoul. So I said I would take him there but not back, but first I needed to call you and tell you I would be a little bit late." Chanyeol listened to Baekhyun intently, as the man spoke quietly and softly. Kyungsoo came back into the den from the kitchen, and he stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"I asked my brother if he could dial you, but he didn't know your number and couldn't get into my phone so I tried to dial you while I was on the highway. But then I hit someone and we were in a ditch, and I yelled and tried shaking him but my brother wouldn't say anything or move. He wouldn't open his eyes, and he was cold." Baekhyun moved one of his hands to his cheek, as if feeling his own temperature. "I think I killed my little brother, Chanyeol."

Chanyeol was stunned at Baekhyun's words. He had known something had happened to Baekhyun- something harsh and horrible that had turned Baekhyun upside down and inside out. But he had never guessed that it would be the fact that Byun Baekhyun had killed his own brother.

He re-situated Baekhyun in his arms, holding him tighter and closer than before, one arm wrapped around the smaller boy's shoulders and the other wrapped around his waist.

Baekhyun began to shiver, and Chanyeol wasn't sure whether it was because he was cold or out of fear.

Nonetheless, Kyungsoo walked over and draped a blanket over the two. "He'll have to go to court." Kyungsoo mouthed, and then walked away down the hall.

Baekhyun's future legal issues weren't what was on Chanyeol's mind right now. He was much more worried about how Baekhyun seemed to be holding up, as he wasn't himself, and with good reason, too.

Chanyeol's thoughts were all over the place, and he didn't know what to say. Nothing he could say would improve their situation. He could murmur meaningless 'it's alright's and 'it's okay's to Baekhyun, but Chanyeol did not know for sure what would happen and he was in no position to lie to Baekkie.

Instead he placed small, little kisses on top of Baekhyun's head, in his hair, on his forehead, and trailed down his cheek. He rubbed the small part of Baekhyun's deltoid where his hand rested, and did his best to make sure the blanket Kyungsoo had thrown on them was wrapped tightly around him.