HEATHROW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

A ghost by the name of "Dick" is seen all around England, but mostly at Hounslow Heath which is where the Heathrow Airport is located. While in other areas, Dick is often seen riding a large black stallion, but at Heathrow people usually see, hear, or feel him behind them, especially airline employees. May report feeling hot breath upon their necks or hearing a man barking and howling only to turn around and find no one there.

While Dick may have chosen his own fate by leaping off the ladder at the gallows, many who haunt Heathrow did not. There is one ghost here that was the victim of the 1948 crash of a DC3 Dakota. It crashed on approach during a terribly foggy night. There were no survivors of the crash, but the rescue continued to pull victims out of the crash. While working, they noticed a gentleman appear out of the fog. He asked them if they had seen his briefcase. Before they could answer, he faded away before their eyes. The rescue workers found the man among the dead later that night. Sixty years later the man is still seen walking up and down the runway looking for his briefcase.

In 1970, Police Inspector Leslie Alton received a report that radar had detected someone on the runway. Inspector Alton, who had worked at Heathrow over 20 years, and his team hurried to the runway in squad cars and fire engines. Those in the radar office told him he should be able to see the man – they were right up on him. Then, they told the Inspector that they must have run over the man because he was behind them. They continued to search as the man continued to show up on radar, but look as they might, the Inspector and his crew could not find one on the runway. The search was eventually called off.

This ghost is not the only businessman who still seems to think he has business at Heathrow

This ghost is not the only businessman who still seems to think he has business at Heathrow. Although no one seems to know who he is or why he is there, there is a ghost that frequently appears in one of the Heathrow VIP lounges. He wears a grey suit, but some have reported only seeing him from the waist down. This ghost was once seen by a foreign diplomat who whished to remain anonymous. He was so terrified that he refused to ever use the lounge again.