PROVIDENCE COLLEGE, AQUINAS HALL, PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND, USA

With its Gothic architecture and distressedhistory of some of the buildings that lead to real life hauntings, ProvidenceCollege is a scary destination of any ghost hunter. And ghosts have a propensity to stick around places that have had terrible events or tragedies. The Aquinas Hall is a greatillustration of such a place.

Reports here are of electronics going haywire, people hearing fire alarms and knocks that are not there, and many other evenlyspine-chilling things happening on the fourth floor of Aquinas. It makes sense that there might be ghosts in the building which was the midpoint of ProvidenceCollege'smost gloomy and dreadful events.

A fire erupted on the fourth floor of the then women/s dormitory kindled by Christmans decorations in the early morning of 13 December 1977, and claimed the lives of 10 young women and injured 17 others. Reports say it was a ghastlysight with two girls actually jumping out of their windows to get awayfrom the blaze and falling to their deaths. Premature deaths and horrifying ones such as these make it a very plausible that the fourth floor of Aquinas is haunted and with the accounts given from students today, it seems very likely that it is.

Aquinas Hall is not the only building on the campus that may be haunted. Harkins Hall is the oldest building at the College. For true creepiness though, one must look towards lower campus. In 1974 the college acquired the buildings and land of Chapin Hospital. Fennel Hall and Dore Hall have become two of the most infamous buildings that were transformed to dormitories after their purchase. Fennel used to be a hospital that housed people with contagious diseases. In late August 1960, a 43 year old man stricken with polio, slit his wrists inside the hospital, killing himself.

Dore was in fact a psychiatric facility. Insane asylums are notorious for having haunted goings-on and it is generally accepted on campus that Dore does not escape this.