The dreaded meeting

Pls don't forget to vote after reading, thanks lovelies😍

Florence POV

I blinked repeatedly and tried to grab what Dad just said but it all made no sense to me. I was scared to tell dad that I had already confronted him and that we parted in no good terms.

Florence!!!!!!

Mum tried to get my attention but I was deep in thoughts, I didn't hear her till IJ tapped me on my knee.

Mum's talking to you.

Loren, I can't believe you'd do this to us after how we've taken care of you, you've never wanted anything that we didn't give to you, why did you have to get pregnant at this age and for the enemy?

I'm so sorry mum.
I said as I cried the more, I could hear the disappointment in her voice. I looked up to see dad looking at me with disgust. I went over to where he sat to beg him, I knelt in front of him

I'm very sorry dad, I didn't mean for any of this to happen, we were both drunk and I didn't know I was pregnant till on Sunday, please forgive me, I'd do anything to rectify this problem.

Dad held my hand and told me to stand up.

It's ok, you just have to marry him to prevent the scandal that would happen to this family if words get out.

I dried my face and nodded my head.

Now I think it's time to pay him a visit.

OK.

We'll go over to Richard's office tomorrow.

I silently prayed for everything to go well. I slept over at my parent's that night. My fate was going to be decided the next day, I guess there was little I could do to change anything.

Richard's POV

I was alone in my office deep in thoughts, I had not been able to do any work since Florence came yesterday telling me she's pregnant with my baby. I never believed in marriage and that's not about to change. I guess she just has to get rid of that thing inside her. I told my secretary not to let anyone in my office.
About thirty minutes later I got a call that David Okpara wanted to see me. To say I was surprised was an understatement as our companies were rivals, but it had to important for him to come all the way here.

Let him in

My door opened and David came in with Florence, I began wondering how they knew each other but I just tried to over look it as it could be a coincidence.

if it isn't the devil himself

I think you should watch your mouth boy, we can't afford to start arguing when you don't even know why I'm here yet save the argument for later.

I looked towards Florence and she quickly looked at the floor like she was scared to look at me, I smiled at that.

so to what do I owe this visit?

Well, a little birdie told me you're responsible for my daughter's pregnancy

no, not again, I thought, how did I get his daughter and Florence pregnant at this same time, why am I suddenly so fertile.

I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about, I don't even know your daughter.

He chuckled, well I'm sure you know this lady sitting by my side, this is Florence, I'm sure you know who she is by now, she's my daughter.

You should have seen the look on my face when he said that, to say I was surprised is an understatement, I was horrified, how am I going to get out of this problem.

And now you have to marry her, because that's the reasonable thing to do.

I can't marry her, at least not now, I'm not ready for that, in fact I'm not interested in marriage, and I can't certainly get married to her.

You have to get married to her or face a lawsuit.

Ooh no, this is just the worst. I can't destroy my company's name by letting this go out to the public.

Pls vote after reading, thanks guys.