News

Thanks @Obassi for this amazing cover.

I got to my family's house that day and I didn't like the way I met it. It always felt like home but the house I met was a shell of it's old self. The only people at home were IJ, the maids and the security, IJ had told me that mum had been sleeping in the hospital for days but I didn't believe and now that had to stop. I couldn't have mum falling sick also. So I picked up my phone to call mum after we had eaten and Zoey was catching up with IJ. Mum said she was coming to the house immediately I told her we were already home. The only thing on my mind was how Zoey met Richard and how I would have met him if not for the angel that helped. A little part of my mind was wondering if he was dating the lady but I had to stop myself from thinking because that was none of my business, I mean he could sleep with any girl he wanted right in front of me and it wouldn't affect me. The only connection I have with him is Zoey.

Mum, where's grandma??? Zoey asked as she left IJ's legs where she was sitting to come to me

She's at the hospital, she'd be here soon.

OK, mum can I talk to Nika???

Sure, but in the evening.

OK mummy

Yea baby.

She went back to her former position which was IJ's leg and they continued their talk. I overheard her telling IJ about her friends and how she didn't like Nigeria because she had no friends, while IJ just told her not to worry.

you just got here and you already decided you don't like it here?? IJ asked smiling

Yes, because I have no friends. Zoey replied looking sad.

It's just a matter of time baby, I'd take you to the park tomorrow OK and you'd meet nice people there.

yay!!! Zoey shouted

I looked at her so she could stop shouting as I was reading a novel on Wattpad "The bad boy's mission". I loved the book because it was about teens and it made me remember when I was still in secondary school and the little boys there looking for a way to get into their preys pants. I mean Wattpad always Made my day.
IJ said something in Zoey's ear that made her laugh.

You people should keep talking about me. I said as I faked anger

No mum, we weren't talking about you. I laughed as I realized she thought I was actually angry. IJ just kept on laughing, I started finding the laughter weird but I was used to it because she was IJ the laughing gas of the house. she asked if I've talked to mum.

Sis. have you spoken to mum??

Yes, I talked to her already, she said she is going to be here soon. And you just asked now after laughing like a gas. Weldone ooo

It's not like that now, I knew you'd call her, you know you're the organised daughter.

You no well, I said as well both laughed. But on a more serious note how have you been??? With your exams coming. hope you've been reading????

I try my best sis. I just want all these to be over

Me too, IJ

I know.

Richard's POV

it's a day after I met the little girl at the airport and I just couldn't help but feel happy knowing sooner or later I'd meet my daughter too. I knew Florence would be back soon and I had plans to get back my child but I knew it wouldn't be easy as I and Florence didn't part friends.
I heard the beeping of my phone and I picked it up to see the person I hired to help track Florence .

What is it????

I have news for you sir

Go on.

I have some news about the lady you asked me to look for, and it's good news.

Really???

Yes, she just got into the country yesterday. She came with a little girl, light skinned and about three to four years old.

Wow, that's great! Thanks.

That'd be all for now sir.

OK. I ended the call, I was happy because I was about to move on with my plans. I had to make a call to the hospital to find out if her father was still there so I could send someone to watch there. I didn't know how I'd react when I meet Florence, I wanted so bad to hold my child in my arms, to ask for Florence's forgiveness and to reassure them that I'd never leave them again. I made a mistake in the past and I wasn't about to make that same mistake. Family is a very important part of everyone, growing up In a broken home has it's effects on the children and I wasn't about to make Zoey go through that because I'm a product of a broken home and look what it turned me into

Yay!!!! Thanks y'all for your DMs don't forget to tap the little star button