We meet again

Richard's pov

Sitting in my office waiting for Clara to finish what she was doing as we were supposed to have lunch with some of our business partners at ICM. I knew it didn't sound right that I was waiting for Clara but our relationship was far from just the normal boss and personal assistant relationship. I decided to check what she was doing and remind her we had to be somewhere by 3pm. It was already 1pm and the drive from the island to mainland wasn't usually a happy one.

Clara we have to leave in about 10mins.

Almost done, I just have to call one more person.

OK, I'll be in the car.

Yes boss. She said that with the ghost of a smile on her face.

I turned to leave when I heard her talking to someone on the phone and it didn't sound business like. I was contemplating asking her about it later but I decided against it because it was non of my business.
We both agreed no strings attached so she could talk to whomever she wanted to talk to. With that thought in my mind, I strode out of her office.

True to her words ten minutes later, I looked up to see her making her way to the car. As soon as she got in, the driver started the car and we zoomed off. I was in no mood for making small talks as I had a lot on my mind and I think Clara mistook it for anger.

I'm sorry for the delay.

It's fine. I said with a note of finality.

And the awkward silence was back again. Before we knew it we were already at the mall. We went to Debonair's where the meeting was supposed to hold to meet two men already waiting for us to arrive. We quickly settled in. I noticed there was already cartons of pizza on the table all thanks to them and if there's any junk food I love, it's definitely pizza, so I dug in straight away. I mean you can't blame me, who doesn't love pizza?????.

After eating we talked about their proposal for our company and finally decided on the project starting in about three months.
Throughout the meeting, Clara was taking down notes and I didn't fail to notice that one of the men had been giving her suggestive looks, I scoffed internally. I just couldn't wait for the meeting to be over because I was already bored out of my mind.

Before I knew it, the meeting was over and it was time for us to leave and I couldn't be more thankful. We said our good byes and I headed out with Clara. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I brought it out to read the message, I was so engrossed in what I was reading that I didn't know when I hit someone or should I say the person hit me and my phone was lying shattered on the floor. I raised up my eyes to look at the very unfortunate person and my eyes met with very familiar ones and all the colour drained out of my face my mouth was opened in shock. After some minutes, I could finally talk

Florence??????

Florence's POV

I went to the car to pick up the little gift I got for Jamal and on my way back I ran into somebody because I was in a hurry to go back inside. My eyes opened in pure horror when I saw a phone lying shattered on the ground, I looked up to see the person and apologize but my words got stuck in my throat when I saw the owner of those piercing eyes. Different emotions were playing on his face, from anger to shock. While I just stood there wondering how I got to be in this situation.

Florence?????? He said but it sounded like it was a question.
how are you here... What..what are you doing here???. he asked again.

But I just couldn't bring myself to answer him as I was still in shock. So I just chose the easiest option. Running away.

I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking. That being said I took off. When I got in, I turned to look through the glass doors to see him still standing there looking so perplexed. I understood what he was going through as I was still trying to process all that just happened. I must admit he still looked hot, he was in a suit, his hair still as beautiful as ever. I must admit Zoey got her long natural hair from him. I mentally calmed myself as I made my way to my friends.

You're back, what took you so long??? Kiki asked

I just ran into someone outside.

OK.

We talked for sometime before taking pictures, and before I knew it, it was time to leave. We all didn't want to leave because we enjoyed catching up but we had to.