pink

katya
i walked with trixie down to her house. i really needed to smoke but i knew she hated it.

"okay." she said as we got to the door. "i think it's just my mom, so i'll only be like five minutes."
"can i come in?"
"um..sure." she shrugged, unlocking the door. i followed her inside.

her house smelled like lavender and beer- a weird combination. i'd only been in her house twice, but i liked seeing this part of my best friend's life.
"hi mom." she said, walking to the kitchen.
"hey honey! ah, katya?"
"hi." i said quietly. sometimes her family made me nervous. i never wanted to say anything that could get trixie in trouble later.
trixie smiled at me. "hey mom, is it okay if i go to courtney's? for a sleepover."
"sure, sweetie." she said. trixie's little sister, sam, started calling her mom, so trixie and i went to her bedroom. i'd never been inside it before.
"here we are. the dream house." she sighed.

one wall was half painted pink, and there was a box under the bed overflowing with dolls. at the end of trixie's bed was a single barbie and a pale, blonde monster high doll with big blue eyes. i smiled.
the window sill had spots of mould, but the room had an overwhelming smell of cupcakes.
"i have a vanilla candle." she laughed at me sniffing the air.
"ah." i looked back at her bed. the sheets were a mess and her pillows weren't neat at all, which was very unlike trixie. she cleaned them up as soon as she noticed.
"sorry it's such a mess." she said, gently putting the two dolls on her bed into a pink backpack with a pastel teddy. she was such a child. she shoved in her makeup bag and a pink onesie with a fresh outfit and some box.

"okay, i'm done." she grinned.
"cool. let's go." i reached out for her hand and she hesitated, looking around. she shrugged and turned the light off, taking my hand and walking out through the back door.

there was a park just behind her house, and if you walked all the way through it, it led to mine. we got to my small apartment and i unlocked the door.
my parents were at work so i rushed to my room, trixie following, and shoved random stuff in my bag until i couldn't fit anything else.

trixie was stood in front of my vanity. she traced the edge of my sketchbook with her finger.
"go ahead." i laughed. she smiled and opened it.

trixie
katya was a really good artist. her drawings weren't really pretty or proportional, but i loved them. they were abstract and crazy. when i got about halfway, i saw a drawing of a barbie with crazy big blonde hair and harsh facial features in pretty pinks and blues. she was curvy and she wore pink sunglasses and a nightgown.

at the bottom was my name written in the barbie font. i smiled. i picked up a pencil and doodled in the corner.

katya finished whatever she was doing and we left for courtney's.

_____
word count: 530
lmao short very trixya based chapter
i'm having fun writing this which doesn't happen often lmao
i might post like twice a day sometimes but i'm gonna try and keep it as one a day lmao i don't want to spam you AAA tell me how often you think i should post