Chapter Four

A/N Dedicated to twentyonepilots for being my first reader, for voting for every chapter, and for commenting! Check out her stories!

*Patrick's POV*

I couldn't help but think how weird Skye was acting yesterday. Like when her siblings hugged her, she winced, and then when she thought I wasn't looking, she kept pulling down her sleeves. Or like when she got uncomfortable when I mentioned her parents, and then the fact that she carried around her guitar and her duffle bag. Why not just leave it at home?

"Patrick!" I heard Pete shout as soon as I stepped into the apartment.

"What?" I called back, making my way to the kitchen.

"Stop leaving your empty milk cartons in the fridge!" He yelled, throwing the empty carton at me.

I picked it up off the floor and put it on the table. "I leave the empty carton of milk in the fridge to remind us that we need more milk."

"Bullshit, you're just lazy." He said before grabbing his keys.

"Where are you going- oh, OW!" My questioned was answered when he threw the empty carton at me again.

"Jerk!" I yelled as he made his way to the door. He gave me the finger before walking out. I threw the milk in the recycling and jumped on the couch.

"Hey Trick." Andy said, startling me. Joe and Andy were sitting on the other couch, watching the news on TV. How did I not see them?

"Why are we watching the news? Nothing good on TV?" They nodded their heads.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, seeing a text from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

Hey Patrick, it's Skye from the subway station and the music store :)

I smiled before immediately putting her into my contacts.

"Ooh, Patty's got a girlfriend!" Joe yelled, looking over my shoulder.

"She is not my girlfriend!" I protested. "I just met her the other day!"

"Sure." Andy mumbled, causing me to give him a glare. I texted her back, remembering that I told her to call me.

To: Skye

Why are you texting me?

"So who is this Skye chick?" Joe interrogated.

"She's this girl I saw playing the guitar in the Subway Station the other day, and yesterday I ran into her in the music store. But she's always acting kind of... weird." I say.

"How so?" He asked, and I explained everything that had happened. I glanced at my phone, wondering why she hasn't called me yet, or even texted me. That's when I realized she probably thought I was being a total jerk, I pretty much told her that I didn't want her to text me. That's not what I meant at all.

To: Skye

I told you to call me, not text me ;) (sorry if I came off as rude)

She called almost instantly.

"Hey!" She said, very excitedly.

"Hey, sorry if my text came off as rude. I tried to be kinda funny or whatever but I failed, sorry." I starting mumbling before she cut me off.

"No, no, it's fine." Joe and Andy were giving me all sorts of smirks, so I walked to the kitchen.

"Skye, are you okay? You seemed upset when I mentioned your parents." I tried my best to seem concerned.