Chapter Twenty

Skye's Outfit above (or side whatever you're using). From my polyvore fivesecondsofgreenday (shameless self promotion lel)

Dedication to HidingInParadise. Thanks for reading this story, and enjoy this next chapter!

"Skye, I can't believe we've visited seven different stores and you haven't picked out a single dress!" This morning, Patrick had left me a note saying that he was picking me up at Seven and that I was to wear something nice, but it didn't have to be too nice. He didn't tell me what it was for, or where we were going, and I had realized the only nice piece of clothing that I owned was a blazer, and he wouldn't appreciate if I showed up only wearing that. Well, I mean, he's a guy and he might be into that kind of stuff, but I wasn't, but that's not the point. I was sitting in a Starbucks in the mall, listening to Emma complain about my lack of appreciation for dresses.

"It's not my fault that very few places carry my size! And the ones that do have padding on the chest that's bigger than my boobs!" I protest, and she sighs.

"Well, we've visited every place that I know that carries nice dresses, so I'm out of ideas." She sighs again, taking another sip of her coffee that I couldn't even attempt to pronounce. She was the whitest Hispanic girl that I knew.

"What about Hot Topic?" I suggest and she gives me a look. "What? They have nice clothes!"

She grabs her bag and stands up. "Fine, but it's not my problem if you look like a Goth" I grab my mocha-whatever and dash to Hot Topic.

"Welcome to Hot Topic, all Tees are buy one get one 50%- oh hey guys!" Connor said from the cash register. He was dressed in the all-black uniform, and it was weird seeing him without a band t-shirt on.

"You work here?" I exclaimed.

He nodded his head. "I get discounts on pretty much everything here. I could probably get you an extra discount, too. I'll throw in a Fall Out Boy shirt if you want to impress your boyfriend." Emma laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"No, she's trying to impress him with a dress." Emma said from behind me.

"Are you a classic like a little black dress?" He says, quoting Fall Out Boy for what was probably the 50th time today. I swear, him and Aaron probably tell each other Fall Out Boy pickup lines. While the two of them continued to fangirl and boy over them, I walked to the back of the store and instantly spotted the perfect dress.

It was a spaghetti strapped knee-length dress, but it was covered in lace. It extended beyond the straps to halfway to the elbow and covered the open back of the dress. It flowed freely away from the tight skirt of the black dress, giving it an extra dimension. I checked to see if they had one in my size, and they thankfully did. If they didn't, I would have cried in the middle of the store. I grabbed it as if there were someone else in the store who would take it from me. I also picked up a pair of knee-high black socks and threw them on the counter.

"Oh my God, no! You have to try it on first!" Emma squealed.

"Calm down, I know it'll look good. Trust me." I said and handed Connor my credit card, and he placed my items in the bag.

"No Fall Out Boy shirt for you?" He teased, not giving me the bag.

"Just give me the goddamn dress."

------------------------------------

"Damn girl, you should shop at Hot Topic more often," Emma said as I walked out of my room. I was wearing the dress and knee socks, along with a pair of black Mary Jane's, which had once upon a time belonged to Emma.

"They didn't have one in my hometown, I had to shop online for my band merch if I had any money." I sighed.

"Well, you look great. He'll love it." She smiled, as there was a knock on the door. "Oh my God, this is your first date! I helped you get ready for your first date!" She squealed as she ran to the door and opened it, revealing Patrick. He was wearing her fedora as usual, along with a black blazer and shirt, black dress pants and shoes. "Aw, you two are matching! You're too cute!" I swear she was too excited about all of this.