Chapter Six

"Stop there, and let me correct it. I wanna live a life from a new perspective."

They say that we can't write the next chapter of our lives if we keep re-reading the last one.

But here's the thing; we have to learn from our mistakes. We have to go back over our chapters, and fix the little typos and mistakes we've made. If we don't re-read those chapters, how will we know where we've gone wrong? I mean sure, you can get feedback. But things that are important to you may not be important to others. They don't control your life, you do. They're not the author, you are.

But not every story is a happy one. Your characters are flawed; they have to face problems no person would ever want to go through.

But every now and then, they let down their guard.

"Patrick!" I whined. "Can I please see my hair yet?" I was sitting on top of the island counter in the kitchen, as he was blow drying my hair. Pete had cut it into layers that fall just below my shoulders, and Patrick had just dyed it black.

"No, not until it's done!" He said as he yanked a round brush through my hair.

"Geez, could you brush my hair any rougher?" I said, just a hint of sarcasm in my voice. He responded by yanking the brush through my hair again. I put my hand on the back of my head and turned around to give him a glare. "My hair is dry, can I see it now?" I asked.

"Nope." He said. "You're going to be the last one to see it."

"Why?" I whined again.

"Because when I was dying your hair, you kept going on about Peterick!" Now he was the one whining.

"Well, in my defense, you guys were very, uh, affectionate, to each other earlier." He rolled his eyes.

"GUYS!" He called. "Look at her hair!" On cue, Joe and Andy came into the room.

 "Awesome, they've seen my hair now. Can I please see it now?" I begged.

"Nope." He said with a smile. "Pete, your brother and sister haven't seen it yet, he's still cutting their hair."

"Skye!" Ryan and Rose came running in, and immediately started touching my hair.

"Awesome. I'm going to go see how my own hair looks now." I stood up and ran to the bathroom before he could object again. I stood in front of the mirror and stood in awe. My hair looked like it belonged to a celebrity on the cover of a magazine. It fell perfectly in layered waves just below my shoulder. You wouldn't think that I would look like a completely different person, but I did.

Patrick but his hands on my shoulders. "I did a pretty damn good job, don't you think?" As he did so, my breathing hitched. "Oh, I'm sorry, I-" I pulled his hands off of my shoulders.

"No no, it's okay, you just startled me." I lied. He didn't actually startle me, why was I acting like this? Maybe I'm just paranoid because of how my mother treated me. Yea, let's go with that.

"Well, I think the cut is better than the dye. I'll have to thank Pete." I smirked at his through the mirror.

He rolled his eyes, and then stared at mine back. "Damn, you are one sassy child." I responded by flipping my hair and over dramatically walking out, as I heard him laugh behind me.

Ryan and Rose immediately started playing with my hair again. "It matches our name!" Ryan said. "Can I make my hair  like yours?"

I Laughed. "No, you're too young. Maybe when you're older. And you have beautiful blonde hair, why would you want to change that?" I tried to ruffle his hair, but Pete had styled it in a buzz cut. Rose had hers cut in a bob. "Remember to thank Pete for doing your hair!" I said, as they ran over to him.