Chapter Twenty Five

Dedication to Pretty-Ood because she's an emotional wreck omg they commented 6 times on the last chapter and I'm so sorry (not sorry) for everyone who I've put through emotional pain because of this. Also because I read her comment "Operation bae has so far been a complete disaster" and I started laughing in the middle of class.

Moving on to a more serious note.This is the last chapter. There will be an epilogue, but Face Down is almost over.

I shot up from my chair. "What the hell are you doing here? How did you get in?"

"Don't worry my dear." She took a step forward and I took a protective step in front of Patrick's bed. "Have you met Elisa?"

"Hello, I don't think we've met." She smiled, extending her hand. Her smile was a sweet, innocent one, yet her eyes shot daggers. If looks could kill, I'd be in Patrick's state right now.

"No, but I've heard much about you," I said through gritted teeth. I pulled out my phone and texted 'help" to Pete. "You're not allowed in here. Leave before I call security."

"I don't think that's going to happen." My mother said as they stepped inside the room, locking the door behind him. "If you could just step to the side-"

"No." I refused.

She sickly smiled at me. "Please? I just want to take a look at-"

"No. You're not even allowed to look at him. Either of you. If you do so much as lay a finger on him, I swear to god there is nothing that is going to stop me from killing you."

She pulled her switchblade from her pocket. Meanwhile, as she had distracted me, Elisa had snuck around me and was behind me, next to Patrick. I spun around when I heard something fall to the floor. Her phone had fallen out of her pocket as she reached for his IV needle.

"What the hell did I just say?" I launched myself at her, pulling her away from him by the hair, causing her to screech. I let go of her with one hand and frantically slammed the 'call nurse' button on the side of the hospital bed. Before I knew what was happening, I was being pulled off of her from the back of my shirt, making my collar choke me.

When Elisa turned to face me, I brought back my hand and slapped her across the face as hard as I could. My shirt was let go of and I was pushed to the ground. A foot was placed on my back, and my mother let out a laugh.

"Stop trying to interfere, Skye. It will never work." She taunted. "My life was a living hell, now I want yours to be. We're just going to take him away for the rest of his life while torturing him. You'll have to live without knowing if he's dead or alive."

"No!" I screamed. I rolled onto my stomach, causing her to stumble. I grabbed her foot and threw her to the ground, as I scrambled to my feet. I looked back over at Elisa, who was making her way over to Patrick again. I grabbed her arm and tried to throw her to the floor with my mom, but as she was a bit taller than me, I wasn't able to. We struggled with each other, with our hands on the other's forearm. She kneed me in the ribs, which still weren't healed from when my mother attacked me.

I ran back at her. "JUST GIVE UP!" She screamed. "HE'S MINE, YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM!"

"Is this really what this is all about?" I snarled. "Why are you working with her? You're not like my mom. You're above her. Just grow up, move on. Would you really risk going to jail by hurting the person that you think that you love?"

Her face went blank for a moment, and I used that moment to throw her on top of my mother, who was getting up. They both fell to the ground as there was a pounding at the door.