Happiest Here/Year

Hallo P. O. V

The one thing my dad always told,

"Never date a Thales."

I never understood it even though I knew all the rumors about Jake. Only an idiot wouldn't know anything about Jake. Aeolus city was basically the Thales sister.

"Hey dad, can you tell me what you know about the Thales?" I asked, hoping to sound random enough.

My dad was a tall man. He was mostly kind but he was a typical dad, appearing intimidating to others. He had close cropped hair that was spiky brown. An upturned nose, full lips and a jawline. He was thirty but looked like twenty five.

He regarded me with light brown eyes, eyes lighter than mine, "But I've told you that story so many times but then again, there's no harm in telling you again."

I sat down next my dad and crossed my legs. Story time.

"So the year was 1996 and the matriculants were tight as usual. We all had our gangs just as books and movies say so. Even I was apart of them, the 'Jocks' as it is." He smiled and grabbed his phone. A minute later he showed me a photo.

It was of the matriculants in an orange kind of film that they used back then. Some of the old teachers today were young in the photos.

" There's your mother and there's me. We all had our cliques but there was another one, The Underneath. It was for people who knew about their Godly pasts and wanted to protect the one's who didn't know. Also to give each other support. That's how I met Zoe's mother, Isabelle. And how I met him. "

My dad pointed at a boy in the middle of crazy mass of students. He had black hair, a sharp jawline and swirling black eyes. Even through the picture I could tell he was handsome.

"Isaac Thales was like Cupid. He didn't draw attention to himself, people just pulled themselves to him. They liked the vibe he gave off. He had complete control over them. If he wanted people to like him they did, blend in to the crowd then he would but if he wanted people to fear him then they did. It became pretty clear that he was the leader of The Remnants as well and that the school was involved in his drama. He was busy trying to take back territory all over the country so when a gang war erupted, school closed. Soon it became the norm, whether it was because of school holidays or not, if school closed people knew it was because of a gang war. Isaac knew about our group but never joined. Girls were crazy for him even your mother. "

" How did dad come to not liking him? "

"He didn't care for anyone, just used them for his need. It wasn't long, like I said, before he came for the Underneath...your mother. At the time I didn't understand why he was so interested in our group. I confronted him, threatened him. 'Stay away from us, all of us' I had said but he wasn't intimidated. This was a guy who ran an national gang, I expected him to know how to fight but the way he fought with me was impossible. I didn't see how he could be able to handle me, a full fledged demigod. Honey, he kicked my ass hard! Your mother visited me that entire week during my recovery. "

"Jesus Dad, he really did kick your ass." I exasperated.

"A week after, your mother took me on our first date. And you know what she said to me? She told me about Isaac. About him and how she knew I fought him mostly on her part. Isaac was hosting the god Tartarus. She knew how badly I wanted to protect her and she loved that. I settled and recovered until Isaac went after Danielle besides the fact that he had something with Isabelle. That made me angry all over again. He was destroying the Underneath. I fought him again and lost even worst than the last time. After high school, me and your mother were closer than ever. Our graduation class was mostly still in Aeolus and so was Isaac but we tried to move on from our past. Then the year came that you were born and it was the happiest. "

"That same year, your mother invited the Thales over for Christmas. I had no idea she kept in contact with them but apparently her and Danielle were like sisters. When they came around they brought their youngest, a small baby named Jake. The atmosphere was fine for two seconds until Isaac walked in and stared at me. Instead of spending the night awkward as hell, Isaac excused himself, using that exact reason, and stayed outside with the puppy- Ray. "

"This doesn't really tell me anything about why you want me to stay away from them and why you hate them besides the fact that he kicked your ass." I commented.

"Hallo, the Thales use anything in their power to gain the upper hand for their gang. Isaac used countless people including your mother for The Remnants. He used her for her uncle who he later convinced to change sides. Point being, I don't want Jake to use you. When Isaac died, we all showed up but mostly for Danielle since her funeral was the same day. I saw that boy watch his parents gravestones and I could see an exact replica of Isaac. I know that boy killed everyone in The Remnants last year and destroyed the city. I also know that he brought the Nyx family back into their business. I do not want the same thing to happen with you. Promise me you'll be careful for me and your mother. Even for your brother, promise Hallo? "

" I promise, Dad. " and cross my fingers behind my back.

" That's my girl. Now get going. Your already late for extra physics. "