My King

Jake dropped me at home and disappeared. Literally, he grabbed my hand and next thing I knew we were at my home. My reaction to him saying 'I love you' probably didn't help the situation.

For some reason, I couldn't say it back. I knew that he loved me way before he said it and I knew that I liked him back. But love?

His reaction shocked me too. His eyes didn't harden but softened with guilt. He grabbed my hand and flash, we were in front of my house. Then in a flash, he was gone without any word.

I wasn't worried about explaining to my parents about where I've been. Before I left I told them I was going to a sleep over and that my friend was covering for me. So I wasn't in trouble but still.

I worried about Jake. I worried about the damage I'd inflicted on our relationship.

"Honey?" My mother asked, shaking me from my thoughts. I hugged them back just as eagerly.

"I missed you guys so much." I choked.

My mother patted my back. "We've packed your bags for your trip."

I pulled back. My trip? Then I remembered. I had a school trip to Durban. When I left, it was a week away. With me being gone for a week that would mean that the camp was tomorrow.

"That just means I have more time with my wonderful family." I smiled.

****

The trip to Durban was taken in two busses and a mini bus. The girls and boys were separated so that kept me from seeing Jake. As it is, the bad boy had isolated himself.

He had arrived early, packed the bus and sat in the back. No one interrupted him. Boys were scared, intimidated and jealous of him while girls were intimidated. Even though my friends were shouting my ears off, all I could do was wonder about him.

Nonetheless, we were on the road.

At one, we pulled up to the border separating Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal, the province that housed Durban. All along the toll gate, the Remnant Symbol was spray painted all over.

I knew the gang occupied most of the the country but this made it a reality. To have the gang stretch to the border...

Once we passed through, we drove for about another thirty minutes, all three vehicles together as a convoy. As we drove through the mountains, a rumbling woke us all up.

We all stirred.

"What the hell is that?" My friend, Nicole, grumbled. Everyone grumbled the same thing.

"Look!" The teacher shouted. We all pressed our faces against the windows.

Behind the bus, two lights flashed. Both pulled up next to us: a black Audi R8 and a Lamborghini Huracan. On the sides glowed the Remnant symbol.

They stayed by our sides but as we watched, the Audi sped up and cut the mini bus off. The driver slammed the breaks and tried to swerve but the Lamborghini shoved the bus back in its lane.

We came to a stop.

"Nobody gets off this bus." My teacher ordered. "We don't know what they want. This is Remnant country."

My teacher gaped out the windows. I returned my vision to what was happening outside.

Jake's P. O. V

No one stopped me from exiting the bus. I walked around the bus and towards the Lamborghini. I knew the drivers even if I couldn't see them.

Liam stepped out of the Audi while Aeela stepped out of the Lamborghini. Liam gave me a bro hug while Aeela walked towards us with a smirk and a sword in hand. The sword was busy cutting a groove in the side of the bus.

She threw her arms around me. "I never would've guessed the king would've been back."

I chuckled and kissed her forehead. "I had to come back sometime."

"You look so different even have a different feel around you." Liam commented.

Aeela smirked. "You look good, Jake. So what are you doing here?"

"We're here for a school trip." I answered. "And you?"

"We felt something powerful come through the border. I guess that was you." Liam explained. "So, boss, do you want a vanguard?"

"Sure." I answered, nonchalantly. Aeela noticed.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah just feel wrong, you know?" They nodded.

"Well if you want you can drive the Lambo. Or you could take this." she opened her palm in which was a key.

She handed it to me. I clicked the unlock button and white flames erupted behind me. The fire continued to grow until it disappeared completely, leaving a pearl white Mansory Ferrari F12.

I stared at the key and then at Aeela.

She smirked. "Well I couldn't let the king drive in a bus, now could I?"

Liam and Aeela

Jake's car

The Remnant Symbol

The Remnant Symbol