New Beginnings

Amnesia~

I felt the warm water bounce off my skin as I scrubbed my body. I began to wash my hair and the condition it and step out of the shower to dry off and get ready for my first day at my new school. I hated my last school. I never had any friends. It wasn't that I was hated, I was just too quiet for everyone's taste. I never put myself out there and I could barely present in front of the class. It's hard being insecure and standing in front of everyone. Constantly thinking about the best way to stand so you don't look fat. Or making sure your eyeliner wasn't smudged by constantly checking in the bathroom mirror.

I finish drying off and put my All Time Low T-shirt along with some faded skinny jeans and my black vans. I blow dried my hair and put it in a simple side braid and do my normal makeup.

"Evelyn get down here!" My mom yells. I'm used to it. Nothing in my life is ever perfect. I slip on my bracelets and grab my backpack and go downstairs.

"Mom?"

"Evelyn, I'm not going to be home again tonight. I'm going out so make sure your sister is under your control." I look over at my baby sister Emma and smile at her. She doesn't realize how her life really is. It's not all sunshine. I'm sorry to say the truth.

I tell my mom bye and wait outside for the bus. I need a car but my mom can't afford it. She doesn't even work. I'm pretty sure being a terrible mom is not a career that pays. I step on the bus and put in my headphones waiting to arrive at my new school hoping that everything will be okay.