Saved

"Luke how could a penguin be your favorite animal?! I thought you were a bad boy" I say quoting him on the last part. He stops.

"Penguins. Are. Adorable." He giggles and starts to walk again.

"And I wouldn't be talking Miss.I have 500 posters of boy bands in my room" Luke smirks. I playfully punch him and we get in the car and drive back to my house.

-

"Ev want me to walk you in?" He asks putting the car in park. I shake my head.

"My mom could have an attack and I don't want you to be there if it happens." I say looking at my house. Luke takes my arm and looks at my scars again.

"Luke..." He takes a sharpie and writes something on my arm. Once he finishes he releases his grip. I turn my arm and read

"You're beautiful. You hurt yourself, you hurt me xx -L."

I start to feel tears in my eyes and I hug Luke tightly.

"Bye Lucas" i smile. He laughs and I get out the car and walk into my house.

-

I walk into the kitchen and see a note.

Evelyn,

I'm not going to be home because I'm actually flying to New York for a work interview! And your sister is at your grandparents house. I love you sweetie. Never forget that

Love, mom.

I smile and call Luke.

"Hey babe miss me already?" He asks.

"Whatever Hemmings. My mom isn't home so if you wanna come back.." I begin.

"I'll turn around. See you in a few." He says then hangs up.

I walk to my room and change into comfy clothes and take off my makeup and then I hear a knock at the door.

I run to the front door and Luke smiles biting his lip.

"You're even more beautiful without makeup" he says coming in for a hug. I kiss him on the cheek and we head to the couch.

"So what do you wanna do?" I ask.

"Whatever you want babe" he says with a wink.

I get up and get my guitar out of my room and hand it to him. He strums a bit and then clears his throat.

"My ship went down

In a sea of sound.

When I woke up alone I had everything:

A handful of moments I wished I could change

And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade.

In a city of fools,

I was careful and cool,

But they tore me apart like a hurricane...

A handful of moments I wished I could change

But I was carried away.

Give me therapy.

I'm a walking travesty

But I'm smiling at everything.

Therapy...

You were never a friend to me

And you can keep all your misery."

"You remembered I liked ATL?" I ask smiling.

He nods and we walk to my room and put the guitar away.

"Shall we sleep?" He asks. I nod and climb into bed.

"I'll sleep on the couch-" he begins.

"Luke don't be stupid come lay with Me" I laugh. He smiles and comes and lays beside me warping his arms around my waist.

"You're beautiful." Luke says.

I smile and kiss him on the cheek.

The next thing he does took me completely by surprise. Luke took my arm and kissed every single cut. Then moved to the next arm.

"We're both just messed up Luke." I say.

"You're the reason I'm alive right now" he says.

I sit myself up on my elbow questioning him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.