Bad Boy?

I quickly shove them back down and look up at Luke who looks like a deer in headlights. I put my hoodie on and sit back not speaking to Luke for the rest of the class, even though he constantly is calling my name.

After what seems like eternity the bell rings and I try to avoid Luke, and I successfully make it to the hall. But then I feel someone grab my arm and pull me into the storage closet. The person turns on the light and it's Luke. I try to open the door but it's locked. What kind of door locks from the inside? Luke stands there with his piercing shining in the light.

"Why?" He asks. I look at him confused and he takes my arm and pulls up my sleeve and bracelets. He looks back at me and I sit down on the floor. After a few seconds Luke sits next to me.

"Life's hard." I squeak out. He looks at me confused.

"You seemed so happy" he says.

"Seemed." I repeated. He takes my arm and traces the cuts with his finger.

"Why would you do this to yourself?" He asks. I frown and look down, then back into his hurt eyes.

"I don't wanna talk about it here." I say.

"Well I can come over-" he says before I cut him off.

"No!" I say immediately thinking of my mom who would scare him.

"It's okay. Calm down. You can come over to my apartment." He says. I agree and stand up. Luke gets up as well and looks at me. Before I can do anything he hugs me.