Opening up

I walk to my bus when the final bell rings. "Evelyn wait!" I turn around and see Luke running towards me. "I thought you were coming over?" He asks. I nod.

"I am.." I laugh. "This is my only way home" I say looking down. Why can't I be normal? Luke grabs my hand and takes me to his car.

"You have a ride home now everyday for the rest of the year" he smiles. Calum said he never smiled... I get in the passenger seat and Luke starts up the car blaring All time low all the way to his apartment.
-
"Casa de Hemmings" Luke says. I laugh.

"You're a lot different then when I first met you Lucas." I say.

"Ugh don't start with the Lucas. I hate when people call me that." He begins.

"Okay sorry Lucas." I say smirking and walking into his apartment. I can tell he lives by himself.

"Sorry for the mess.." He says scratching his head.

"I don't care" I say.

"Follow me." He says. Luke walks into the hallway of the apartment building and opens a door that reveals stairs. He looks back and takes my hand as we climb the steps. We finally reach the top and it's a beautiful view of the city. We walk over to the bench and sit down.

"This is better than my small ass place" he says closing his eyes I look at his tattoos then his lip piercings. He opens his eyes and sees me staring and I quickly turn away and he laughs.

"I don't know why you're staring. Im just a reject darling." He says with no expression. It gets quiet again and I look down at my feet.

"You never told me why." Luke says. I look at the sky thinking about what I can say to sum up my terrible life.

"Everything." I say biting my lip to stop the tears.

"You can trust me." He says tightly grabbing my hand. I look down in fear. "Do I scare you?" He asks.

"I don't know. " I say quietly. He grabs my hand and I look into his eyes then back at my feet.

"At my old school nobody ever payed attention to me. I was the outcast. My first friend i made was Michael today actually. On top of that my mom is always drunk and my dad passed away 4 years ago. My baby sister doesn't realize how bad things are. She's always smiling." I blurt out. Luke looks at me sympathetically.

"Why don't you smile Luke?" I ask. He looks at me and says the same word I used. "Everything" I look into the city and hear my phone ring.