Twisted Dream

A few days ago I left the best thing that has ever happened to me. Now I'm in New York feeling absolutely lost. I've texted Luke over a thousand times. No answer. I called him. No answer. I sent him a letter. No answer.

I pull out my phone and call Ash.

"Evelyn!" A happy ash answers.

I laugh remembering his happy self. "Hello Ashton." I say laughing again.

"What's up?" He asks.

"We'll I've been trying to reach Luke. He hasn't answered any of my calls texts or anything."i say.

"He hasn't been at school. Or talked to me" Ashton says nervously.

"Ash can you please drive to his house and check on him?" I ask worried.

"Of course love. I will ditch next period." He says.

"Thank you." I say and hang up.

I pace around my room for the next few minutes waiting for Luke or Ashton to call. And then I hear my ringtone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Ev. Fly back out here. Now." Ashton says in the middle of sobs.

Mom was at work and my sister was at day care so I wrote her a note. She is going to kill me but I have to see him. I take money out of my college savings and take the bus to the airport and buy my ticket back home.

-

The plane ride took forever. Way too long.

"Ashton pick me up at the airport" I say on the phone. He agrees and he soon pulls up and I get inside.

"Ashton what happened." I ask about to cry.

He sniffs and wipes away his streams of tears.

"I-I went to Luke's and-d he was on the floor covered in blood with his shit off. There-e was a note next to him from you that you sent in the mail. And his phone had a ton of unread messages fr-from you. And- and-" Ashton bursts into tears.

"And what! Ashton!" I cry.

"A song-g I guess he was writing it and there was only a few lyrics." Ashton says and pulls out a paper filled with the familiar handwriting of Luke's.

Amnesia-

"If what we had was real how could we be fine? Cos I'm not fine at all."

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving."

"And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them."

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia"

"Twisted dream"

"And you'd never slip away"

I tear up and look on the back of the paper.

Dear Ev,

I'm sorry I'm leaving you. The world doesn't need me. I love you always.

-Lucas.

-

We pull up to the hospital and I rush in crying with ash and we look down the hallways for Luke's room. We find it and I open the door and see Luke's pale body.

"Oh no," I say sobbing into Ashton's shirt. We close the door and I go up to Luke's bed.

"Is he d-dead?" I ask holding onto Luke's hand.

Ashton shakes his head.

Soon the doctor comes in and explains what happened.

"Luke has deep cuts in his sides and we don't know if he did it to himself or someone else did." The doctor said "The loss of blood caused him to lose conciseness. We don't know when or if he will wake up." The doc says looking at Luke's weak body. "And if he does wake up he might not be the same."

The doctor leaves and I cry into Luke's chest. Ashton pats me on the back trying to be strong.

"Luke please..." I say.

I hear a groan and I look up to see Luke fluttering his baby blue eyes open. I step back crying again but this time happy tears.

"Luke..." I say smiling.

Luke blinks and tries to talk.

"You look familiar" he says.

My smile fades and I bite my lip.

"You don't remember do you?" I ask about to cry.

He shakes his head and I burst into tears.

"Hey, I don't know your name but I do know you are too beautiful to cry." Luke says.

I force a weak smile and kiss Luke on the cheek.

"I'm Evelyn Rose. The girl who fell in love with you. The one who left you. The one who wishes she never did. I love you Lucas Robert Hemmings.

"I love you more beautiful."

The feels. The end. Stay rad! -H