Making Connections

As I step off the bus I can already see the cliques of the school. I walk into the main office to get my schedule and sign in. "Hello I'm Evelyn Rose." I say forcing a weak smile. The office lady smiles and hands me my schedule.

"Have a good first day Evelyn" she says with a smile.

I open the doors of the office and check my phone to find I have 30 minutes until the first bell so I go inside the library and sit in the corner at a table with my favorite book right now, 'The Fault In Our Stars' I wish I could meet someone like Augustus. He is every girls dream. Sadly in this generation, boys don't even know how to keep their pants up.

I get so lost in the book I didn't realize someone came and sat in from of me until a shadow appeared. I look up and see a boy with bright colored hair. "All time low, I like your style.." He smiles. "I'm Michael Clifford"

"Hi uh I'm Evelyn. I'm sorry I'm kind of awkward." I look down embarrassed. Michael laughs and the bell rings.

"Hey what's your first class?" I look down at my schedule and see Math. Yay. My. Favorite. Subject. Totally kidding. "Looks like I'm walking with you" Michael says laughing.

We head down the hallway and I have no clue where I'm going or if Michael is even taking me to math. "You don't talk much" he says. I nod. "Well don't be scared around me okay?" I smile. My first friend. "You have 1st period with me and also my friends. You will love them. Especially Luke, he's kinda in love with ATL" I laugh and walk into the classroom at follow Michael to a group of boys in the back of the class.

"Evelyn this is Calum, Ashton, and Luke." I smile and wave at them earning a smile from Calum and Ashton. Luke doesn't even look at me. Michael notices me looking at him and whispers "Luke is kind of going through something right now so.." I nod understandingly and sit down.

We didn't even do anything in math but learn about the teacher Mr.Wells and his rules. The basic first day stuff. The bell rings and I grab my bag looking at my schedule. "Next class my darling?" Michael asks. I laugh and say Art and compared the rest of my schedule to Michael and I don't have any classes.

"We only have math together are you kidding me?" I say frustrated. Michael pats my head.

"Don't worry you have a lot of classes with Ash and Luke, and you have art with Calum."I look at Calum and he picks up his backpack and we walk to art.