White Impact: Ch. 8- Never Before

Niall’s POV

My head aches. My hand tentatively reaches to the crown of my head and prods the sore spot. It hurts like a bitch. “Unnnnn” I moan. What the fuck happened? My breathing is shallow. I open my eyes slowly. I can feel the sleeping dust clinging to my eyelashes. I try to rub it away. I realize it’s dark outside. Where am I? A bed… I’m in a bed. But wait. Where's Liam?! I shoot straight up in bed. Oh my God. The pain. Oh shit. It’s like white lightening shooting straight through my brain. Gah.

“Niall?”  His voice is barely a croak.

I look over to see Liam in the same bed as me. Thank fucking goodness. I was really just… what would I do without him? I don’t even know. I might jump out the wind- oh no. Oh no. Oh fucking no. Ohhh this isn’t happening. This isn’t happening. I look at the window. I feel like I’m going to puke and at the same time the tears well up.

Liam seems like he knows what’s going on. I just fucking can’t. He scoots closer to me and puts his arm around my shaking body. I press my face into the nape of his neck. “Leyummmm. H-h-how long was I o-out?” I sob it into his sweatshirt. I’ve cried in front of him before, but not this often.

He pulls me closer. I can feel his breath on the back of my neck. “Just a few hours love.” I feel his words wisp along my neck. He makes my whole body tingly. It’s as if my whole purpose in life was to be close to him. I wonder if he feels the same. But how could he? I never comfort him. He always has to comfort me. I’m just nothing. Nothing compared to him. His long fingers caress the back of my neck, his strong hands massage my shoulders.

Within minutes I’ve calmed down. I look over at the window again. “Niall… don’t think about that. Once it’s morning we’ll get out of here.” If anything, the last thing I want to do is stay in the godforsaken room.

“Why can’t we leave now?” The moment it slips from my lips I realize how stupid that is.

“Do you really want to go out there in the dead of night?” He’s suddenly inches from my face. I lay on my back. His finger points at the hallway. Oh, God, no. I don’t want to have to face the blackness of that hallway ever again if I don’t have to. But I know that’s unrealistic. We’ll have to find a way out some way or another, and that hallway seems like our best bet.

I can barely make out his features in this light, but I can see his face. It looks seductive. He slides his leg over me and all at once his hands are on either side of my head. He continues his speech about the hallway, “With the ghosts and goblins?”

I can’t help but giggle, “No, most definitely not Liam.” Still straddling me, he gets up on his knee and pulls the sweatshirt over his head. I bite my lip. God, can a guy get any sexier than Liam Payne? Does he even understand how attractive he is? I mean jeez, I was just basking in my sadness crying my face off and now all of the sudden I’m turned on? That’s just what he does to me.

He bends down and kisses me softly on the lips. The kiss is deep and passionate. I just yearn for him. The desire almost hurts. He pulls back and for a moment our lips stick together.

My eyes flutter open and he brushes hair from my forehead. Just the soft touch of his fingers makes me excited. His fingers trace down my jawline. I sigh involuntarily. A smile plays on his lips. I feel my hands move up to his body. They travel up and down his sides. I’m exploring his torso. I'm fucking exploring- oh god are those fucking abs?! SWEET BABY JESUS. I look down to where my hands are but I can feel his eyes on my face. My mind races. My thumbs trace the outline of his abs through his shirt.