Chapter 5

Today is the day of the exam everyone but me is nervous. Some feel like they won't pass and others feel like they either didn't study the right material or hard enough. I woke up early to get a run in before going in. Running helps me before an exam I even did it in med school before a cardiothoracic exam.

After running I get back to the house to take a shower. I got dressed and put on a dress and a cardigan along with a necklace I got years ago. I walk out to my car and get in to get to the hospital. I walk into the hospital and put on my scrubs. I walk over to the surgery board to see what today holds both Nicole and Erin were standing there.

Erin: "Morning"

Me: "Good morning"

Nicole: "Hi"

Erin: "I heard they added a new nurse"

Nicole: "Who?"

Me: "I heard it's Anna"

Nicole: "What!"

Erin: "Wait Luke's Anna?"

Me: "Yes"

Nicole: "How did you find this out?"

Me: "From my boyfriend who by the way is the head of cardio"

Erin: "Does your godfather know?"

Me: "Yes"

Luke: "You do realize what comes with dating him"

Me: "I am a Laettner after all so yes I do know the criticism that comes with dating a Duke bad boy"

Luke: "And you're not worried about that"

Me: "No but then let's not forget who threw the media under the bus that night along with not flying home for Christmas and my mother understood that"

Luke: "Okay calm down"

While standing there my pager goes off so I knew what this one meant. I walked into the on-call room and locked the door like always. Grayson pushed me on the bed and kissed me like always. I pulled away to catch my breath why am I always like this every time we do this.

Me: "I have this exam in an hour so I don't want to be late"

Grayson: "You won't be besides you know the exam"

Me: "Last night is completely irrelevant and is not part of the exam"

Grayson: "How's Nicole with the Anna news?"

Me: "She looks like she could pick up a scalpel and cut someone"

Grayson: "Wouldn't want to cross her"

Me: "Luke better not if he knows what's good for him"

Grayson: "You have enough motivation for this exam"

Me: "I have to go"

Grayson: "Good luck"

Me: "Thanks"

I walk down the hall after walking out of the on-call room. I walked in and had to put my hair back up after my hair tie was taken out. I take a seat between Nicole and Erin and Nicole has a smirk on her face with Erin laughing.

Me: "What?"

Nicole: "Pre exam sex"

Erin: "Wow"

Me: "Shut up"

Before the exam starts my phone goes off with an ESPN notification seeing something they shouldn't have gotten ahold of. They have no idea what's coming to them. The exam gets passed out and we're told the time limit. I open up the exam and begin going through and answering each question. Yes it was hard but I didn't think it was bad. After the exam I walked to the OR board to see what there was I really needed a surgery to scrub in on. Luke was standing at the nurses station writing in a chart.

Luke: "Are you okay?"

Me: "Do I look okay to you it just came out that they know I'm seeing or dating Grayson"

Luke: "Just say something if you need to"

Me: "Thanks"

I walk into an on-call room just to catch my breath and figure out what to do. I mean it isn't a surprise to anyone this isn't anything new either. I honestly don't care what anybody let alone Twitter has to say about it. I get up and walk to the locker room to change my clothes and head home.

I walk out to my car to see Luke yelling at Anna about something. I like everybody else am not a fan of her and her and Bailey belong in the same category. I stand there and roll my eyes at Grayson and just laugh because we know where this conversation is headed.

I get home and put on a t-shirt I have and it may or may not be mine but that doesn't matter. I hear a knock at the door and it is Erin and Nicole along with Luna who have pizza with them.

Me: "Hi"

Nicole: "Thought we would watch Gilmore Girls"

Erin: "We also brought ice cream"

Me: "Good excellent"

Nicole: "The boys are all together"

Erin: "I don't want to know"

Me: "I'm with Erin"

The four of us were sitting there laughing it felt like med school. After the girls left I went upstairs to go to bed and sleep. Today had been a long day with some drama but that's for another day.

A/N: I'm really considering dropping this book and only do one. I don't really like it because it's hard to come up with things to write so I might un publish this book. Not too long until we know where our boys end up. I also apologize for this being super short I'll try for longer chapters.