Chapter 10

We all have a weekend off for some rare reason I just hope none of us have to go in like the last time I had off. Thankfully Ella has been sleeping through the night but I am thankful for the coffee that gets me through the day along with a few other things. I walked downstairs and decided to make some waffles for breakfast. I heard the front door open and Gray and Luke came in.

Me: "You guys done running?"

Luke: "We ran and got some shots up"

Me: "What a surprise you guys use to wake me up asking if I could rebound for you"

Grayson: "That use to be me asking you"

Me: "Sometimes late at night and you guys would loudly knock on my window"

Grayson: "That was also me"

Luke: "You also made out in the locker room"

Me: "That was one time"

Grayson: "What are you making?"

Me: "Waffles but I'm not so sure you two deserve them"

Luke: "Come on really"

Me: "I'm kidding"

Grayson: "Did you by chance finish the med school items he wanted you to do"

Me: "It's a Saturday and we're talking about work"

Luke: "Why are you sassy this morning?"

Me: "Yes I did get all of that done and motherhood makes a woman sassy but then I've always been sassy but the waffles are done."

I went upstairs to put on some sweats and a sweatshirt and put my hair up. I walked into the nursery and fed Ella and walked her to the kitchen. I heard Tristian walk down the stairs and come into the kitchen yawning.

Tristian: "Uncle Luke"

Luke: "Hey champ"

Tristian: "Can we go shoot hoops later?"

Luke: "Sure champ"

Me: "Hey buddy there are waffles here for you"

Tristian: "Thank you mommy"

Me: "You're welcome"

Luke: "I need help asking Nicole"

Grayson: "You haven't asked her yet?"

Luke: "No"

Me: "Pick up some candles and some white roses and make her dinner"

Luke: "Which most likely will be take out"

Grayson: "Have you gotten a ring?"

Luke: "Yes"

Me: "At least you have that"

I heard my pager go off in my purse I haven't had breakfast or had coffee. I looked to see who it was and it was Scheyer who needed me for something. I grabbed my purse and my keys and my shoes and got ready to go in to the hospital.

Luke: "You're going in?"

Me: "I got paged so I have to"

Grayson: "You don't think it's a surgery?"

Luke: "If it were you would've gotten paged too"

Me: "I'm sorry guys but I'm going to be late"

I walked out to my car and went straight to the hospital. I walked in and went up to Scheyer's office and he was laughing about something. I cleared my throat and interrupted the conversation he was having.