Chapter 12

Yes doctors work on the holidays but today we all had the holiday off. Today was Thanksgiving one of my favorites other than Christmas a day with family and friends. I woke up early and went downstairs to try and get things ready for later tonight. I decided to make breakfast for the kids and decided to make waffles. I heard Grayson walk behind me and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Grayson: "God I can't wait until we're married"

Me: "I'm trying to make breakfast and you're distracting me"

Grayson: "Something I'm good at"

Me: "This is true"

I heard Ella wake up so I walked upstairs and sat in the rocking chair then changed her and took downstairs and put her in her swing. I set the dinning room table and pulled out the extra chairs. I heard Tristian in the living room laughing at a cartoon on TV he has his father's dorky laugh.

Tristian: "Mommy"

Me: "Hey baby"

Tristian: "When are Aunt Nicole and Uncle Luke coming"

Me: "They are coming later tonight for dinner along with everybody else. There are waffles in the kitchen."

Tristian: "Thank you"

Me: "You're welcome"

I walk back into the kitchen and grab some of the cook books that I laid out to use. I am also having help from my mom and Sherry along with Mrs. K they always come for Thanksgiving. I heard a knock at the door and it was Luke and Nicole who came early.

Me: "Hi"

Nicole: "Hi"

Luke: "Where is he"

Me: "The kitchen"

Nicole: "Morning shoot around on the court"

Me: "The old Thanksgiving tradition'

Luke: "Don't mock it"

Me: "I'm not but don't be late"

Grayson: "Okay"

Nicole and I walked into the kitchen and started to get ready for tonight. I started working on the green bean casserole which I make every year along with the pumpkin pie. We heard the door open and in walked Erin and Joey yes some of the guys were coming to dinner.

Erin: "Hey everybody"

Me: "Hi"

Nicole: "Oh hello Joey"

Joey: "Hi"

Me: "I thought that you'd be with the guys in the gym"

Joey: "I was going to but something else came up"

Me: "No need to continue"

Nicole: "I want to know"

Erin: "I'm not telling you"

Me: "We all don't need to know everybody's sex lives"

Nicole: "Come on we're doctors we all know who has sex with who and I seem to remember in med school waiting on an elevator and only one of two elevators worked. Why is that?"

Me: "I have no idea"

Erin: "I was was waiting too for the same one"

Me: "I was in the other one having sex and it was more than just a kiss"

Erin: "Who were you with"

Nicole: "OMG no way"

Me: "Yes and at the time I knew he was our professor and that I was a student but in the grand scheme of things I didn't care"

Joey: "We're all so messed up"

Me: "This is true"

We heard the door open and in walked my parents with the kids my mom was laughing at my dad. After my parents came Sherry and William along with the rest of the team. Luke and Grayson were the last two to come in.

Grayson: "Sorry we're late"

Me: "What a surprise"

Sherry: "Go take a shower and then come back down here and help with dinner"

Grayson: "Yes mom"

With that Grayson walked up the stairs and did what Sherry told him to do and that's when I heard Ella from her nursery. I walked upstairs and brought her downstairs and gave her to Sherry who wanted her when I walked down. Grayson came back down and took a seat next to me.

We all sat around and talked for hours. Looking at this table I don't want to be anywhere else because we're not just colleagues we're family as crazy as it sounds. I heard my pager that was inside my purse go off and so did everybody else's. Even on the holidays doctors don't get off.

Tristian: "Mommy what's going on"

Me: "We all have to go in and perform surgery"

Tristian: "Can I come"

Me: "I don't know how long it'll be baby"

Grayson: "Hey buddy we can play 2K when I get back"

Tristian: "Okay"

Me: "Be good for grandma and grandpa"

Sherry: "We'll watch them for you"

Grayson: "We were going to ask you guys"

Sherry: "We don't mind at all"

Me: "Thank you"

We all walked out of the house and to our cars and headed to the hospital. I walked in and put on my scrubs and walked to the OR board to see what surgeries there were for the night. Grayson walked over to me and handed me a patient chart for me to see what needed to be done with the patient. After looking at it I hand it back to him and walk off to the OR to perform the surgery. I walk in and start to do the procedure with everybody sitting up in the gallery. After I was done I washed my hands and walked out and went into my office.

I walked in and started grading med school exams that needed to be graded. I was also looking at the class schedule and planning for the next class of what to teach. I heard Grayson walk in and wrap his arms around my shoulder.

Grayson: "And what are you doing you beautiful woman"

Me: "Grading exams that you should be grading yourself"

Grayson: "I'll pay you back"

Me: "We should go relieve your parents"

Grayson: "Yeah we should"

We both walked out and walked to our cars and headed home. I walked into the house and the kids were watching a movie. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of wine and walked back into the living room Luke was watching the guys play their game.

Luke: "Your mom use to play with us"

Me: "i was never good at playing"

Grayson: "Yet you played anyway"

Me: "I wanted to try anyway I'm going to bed"

I walked upstair and walked into the bedroom and put on a pair of shorts and a long sleeve shirt. I walked over to the mirror and wiped off my makeup from earlier today. I got in bed and was reading a medical journal reading an article on a new clinical trial that was being conducted. After a few pages I fell asleep and heard Grayson kiss my shoulder before pulling me into his chest. 

A/N: Okay this chapter sucks sorry for it being that way I have been super busy with work and starting my last class for the semester. I will try to have an OBOG and a Fearless chapter out this weekend so I apologize for the delay in getting those out.