Chapter 2

"God damn, I have to pee!" This is the first thing I tell once we exit the terminal. It was long flight and I refuse to use those sketchy airplane toilets. I start to jog off to find a bathroom.

"I'll meet you at baggage claim!" My mother yells after me.

A few hours later we pull up in front of one of the tallest buildings I’ve ever seen.

“Welcome home,” my mother says excitedly.

“This will never be my home,” I hiss at her. She drops her gaze, sighs and gets out of the car.

I grab as many bags as I can and walk into the lobby. I’m shocked to see how much security was in here. I spotted at least five guards scattered around and there were cameras every few feet on the ceiling (don’t ask why I notice these type of things, I always have). I let out a low whistle and head to the elevator. When the door opens, I push all my bags into the small space and press the 23 button, the floor my mom told me to go to earlier.

This is going to be weird riding an elevator to my house. I hear a ding and the doors open up right into the apartment.

I always pictured apartments as confined little spaces with barely enough room for two people. This place was huge! I first see a spacious living room with a sleek black sofa and a modern flat screen TV. The living room led into my dream kitchen. It has black counter tops and cherry wood cupboards. An island sat in the middle of the room and had three stools tucked underneath it. All of the appliances were brand -spanking –new. I could get some serious baking done in here.

I turn to my right and venture down a hallway. There are four doors, three of which are bedrooms. I go for the door straight ahead. I open the wood door and give a slight gasp. I love this room! To my right a king sized bed was pushed against the wall. Across from that is an entertainment center with a large flat screen, an xbox360 and new iPod dock. The walls were white, but I would fill the walls with picture soon enough. The best part of this whole room is that I have a full bath all for myself. It may not be home but I can sure get used to this.

It took me only two hours to get unpacked. All of my shirts, pants, pj’s and underwear are in the dresser beside the bathroom. My sweatshirts, flannels, and the few dresses and skirts I own were in the gigantic closet. I have pictures of Maggie and I, along with all of my guy friends, taped onto the walls. I just had to find somewhere to buy sheets and curtains. The white ones just wouldn’t do.

I pull out my handy-dandy iPhone. This was a job for Google Maps! Ahh I’m a dork. Anyways I find a Pier 1 not too far from the apartment (I don’t know how many blocks, I’m from Vermont. We count in Miles like normal Americans). I decide to walk there. I grab my wallet freshly stocked with money and head out.

It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that it’s 11pm… No store would be open. Stupid time differences have got me all messed up. But oh well, I’m already out and about. Might as well see what the night life is like here in London.

I was little creeped out, though. No one was around on the street. I took out my ear buds and plugged them into my iPhone. A little bit of country music sounds would sound wonderful right now. I click onto the playlist labeled “Country Girl”.

Way back on the radio dial

A fire got lit inside a bright eyed child

Every note just wrapped around his soul

From steel guitars to Memphis all the way to rock and roll.

Yes! I love this song! I started to sing along with the Eli Young Band blasting through my headphones.

“Oh, Oh/ I can hear em playing/ I can hear the ringing of a beat up old guitar/ oh oh/ I can hear em singing/ Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart!”

I got so into my singing that I closed my eyes and just tried to walk in a straight line. Well that straight line led me right into somebody.

“Umf! Oh jeeze, I’m sorry sir!” I look up to the man’s face. I can’t see this that well and he’s wearing sunglasses. Bro, its night time. All I could see was a massive head of curly hair. “I… I was just… Sorry. I finished.

“Whatever, watch where you’re going, bitch.”

Oh. Hell. Naw. This prick really just call me a bitch? After I APOLOGIZED? Being the inside out Oreo that I am (you know, white on the outside, black on the inside? I think I have multiple personalities…) I got up in the guy’s face. Half my brain was screaming at me not too. He could have some serious issues! He’s wearing sunglasses at night for Christ’s sake!

“Excuse me?” I shout in the strangers face. “You did NOT just call me a bitch after I said sorry! That was rude and so uncalled for! Now I am expecting an apology!”

“Listen, white trash Barbie,” Barbie? This dude does realize I look nothing even close to Barbie, right? The two this came to me. One- he’s drunk off of his ass. Two- he couldn’t be more than 22 years old. Seriously, could you see a 40 year old saying “white trash Barbie” ?

“I’m out of here,” I cut Drunk-Bro off from what he was saying. He kind of gives me a questioning look as I turn around and walk back the way I came.

HARRY’S POV

I watched the girl walk away. Her long brown hair flowed freely behind her. She had been fine looking… I hadn’t wanted to be a dick to her. I was just not in the mood for a screaming fan. I expected her to walk away crying when I called her a bitch, but she stood up for herself. I liked that. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Sorry, Mate, I was going to help you out there but that girl was just too entertaining to watch. Although, you could have gone without the white trash part.”

I shrugged. “She’s American and she’s wearing a hobo shirt with ripped jeans. It just screams white trash to me.”  Liam rolled his brown eyes at me. With that, we both started walking back to our flat.