Chapter 5: Oppression's Gun Changes

It was a day later when Lucas came back. I was chilling with Prime in the garage, showing him my music.

Did you know that he LOVES Linkin Park?

And not sucha bad singing voice either, I gotta say!

I just stepped out to get some iced tea when I saw his car pull up, booming some sort of rap song. "Hey!" I waved, walking inside.

Tessa was on the porch, doing her homework for her finals. Uncle Cade was working on... Something. I dunno what.

I came outside after a couple of minutes and rejoined Optimus, and that's when I noticed that the dial on my compass began to just randomly spin.

Kay. That was weird.

"What's this?"

I picked it up and held it to my face, thinking the little arrow would randomly fall off. But it didn't. It wasn't loose. Instead it pointed westward, towards Optimus. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. I backed up a little and tried something. Have you ever watched Pirates of the Caribbean? Well in the movie, Captain Jack Sparrow has this compass that points him towards what he wants the most. And right now, not to be uber creepy but Optimus WAS that 'thing' I wanted.

"H-hey..." I said to him. "I... I think I know how this thing works-"

"DAAAAAAD!" Tessa yelled, sounding actually startled.

Okay, now what?!

I quickly ran to the shop doors and poked my head out. A whole bunch of black cars were driving up, and let me tell you that they were not giving off a good vibe!

"Optimus, quick! Hide!" I gasped.

"What is wrong?"

"I-I don't know, but it looks like you've been ratted out!" I pointed outside, and Optimus looked worried.

"You need to hide NOW!"

"Where can I?!"

"I-I don't know- wait!" I held up my compass, and quickly willed what I wanted.

A hiding place for him.

The dial spun, and then froze, forwards. I walked quickly that way until it pointed south. My first thought was to turn back around but by luck I looked down. Beneath my feet were several planks my uncle used to cover up an old root cellar-

An old root cellar...

"Down here, quick! Move the boards!" I jumped back as he easily pulled them out and slid in, placing the boards into place and hunched down. The moment he did was when these Black Op military guys came storming in and aimed their guns at me!

"WHOA OKAY!" I shouted in shock. Good thing that water hadn't made its way down to my bladder, or otherwise... 

Well they dragged me outside, and I saw them confronting my uncle and one holding Tessa and-

Ew. He was LEERING at her!

"Owowowowowow!" I muttered as their iron grip on my wrist forced me to join them a few meters away. 

"No signs, we got nothing but this kid hiding in there!" One of them said, the guy holding me pushing me up a little ways away."

"Sir, we have a live armed missile in the trash!"

"Wait, what?!" I gasped out, my eyes widening.

"Live?! I carried that to the trash, you told me that was a dud, dude!" Lucas exclaimed, then realized what he'd just said and tried to recover. "... I could be dead!" Wouldn't that be a treat?