Chapter 4: The Monster In the Shop

"Dad?!" Tessa called out.

I blinked my eyes open. Man, when did I pass out? Couldn't have been that long ago!

"Coming!" Uncle Cade slid himself out from undereath our transformer.

Our. Transformer.

I KNOW RIGHT?!! AND IT'S AN AUTOBOT!!!

But which one?! Ratchet?! Bumblebee?!

I hope it's Bee. Bee's so cool!

"Are you two working with lasers?!" Tessa called out as she approached the door. "If so I'm not coming in!"

Uncle Cade opened the door, and I could see Luc and Tessa standing there. "You guys I've never seen a truck like this before!"

A truck?! Didn't I-

Oh. Maybe around then I passed out. Or fainted. Either one.

"Get in here. Lock that door." Uncle Cade told Luc.

Lucas gave this weird look and said, "Doesn't have a lock." I couldn't help a few snickers, but it was quickly overriden as Uncle Cade and I showed them our 'discovery'.

"Look! Look at the hole in the radiator! Look at the size of it! Something blew a hole in it!"

"Yeah? So?" Lucas asked.

"It's not normal steel!"

"Tell them about the-" I quickly chipped in and Uncle Cade quickly spoke.

"The shrapnel in the engine! It ripped all the connections apart!"

"And this!" I climbed up onto the ramp with Uncle Cade, super excited.

"And watch! And this took some Yaeger genius!"

"Thaaank you!" I sang as we grabbed the jumper cables.

"You are gonna love this! When we hook it up to this working battery..." We clamped the jumper cables, and a mess of sparks flew.

The truck activated, and once again, it spoke!

"Calling... Calling all Autobots!"

"Oh yeah!" I cheered.

"I don't think it's a truck at all!"

"Because we-"

"Just found a Transformer."

"Duuuun-dun-duuuuh!" I squealed excitedly.

....

Everything was awkwardly quiet for a moment.

Then Lucas took off.

Wow. Okay. Not what I was expecting. "HEY!" I shouted, as Tessa ran off too. "Sheesh! That's what you get when you announce the biggest discovery of a lifetime!"

I then realize what this meant.

I spilt. My guts. To an Autobot.

"snap." I muttered, and looked at it. "I don't suppose you'll mention any of this, right?"

No answer.

"Uh... don't tell me your radio is busted or something."

---

So Uncle Cade managed to calm Lucas down (he was going to call in the authorities!!!) and now-

"NO UNCLE CADE!" I stood like an earth preservation activist facing loggers in front of a redwood tree. "YOU ARE NOT CUTTING HIM OPEN!"

"Him?!" Uncle Cade exclaimed. "Gabby that thing could be a turning point-"

"I DON'T CARE! YOU'RE GONNA DISSECT A POOR LIVING THING! HE MAY BE METAL BUT HE'LL PROBABLY HAVE A HEART!"