Eight

"Asahi?!" I yelled as I ran down the trail then I got to the flower bush and kept going.

"Asahi, its Novalie! Where are you?!" I called and saw his form then I ran to him and he gasped as I grabbed him.

"There you are!" I hugged him then he slowly held me.

"Novalie, what are you doing here?!"

"Looking for you, silly!" I said and looked at him then held his jaw.

"Asahi, why did you run from the camp? You know it's dangerous out here at night. What if you ran off the trail and got hurt? We wouldn't have been able to find you." I said and he closed his eyes then pulled his jaw from my grasp.

"I'll be fine. Just go back, I'll be back later-"

"No, I'm not leaving you. You didn't leave me when I was upset, so I'm not leaving you when you're upset." I said and he eyed me curiously.

"Novalie, I kissed you! I made you do-"

"You didn't make me do anything, Asahi. I was just shocked. Never in a million years would I have thought the big, shy, gentle Asahi would kiss me." I said and he looked relieved.

"Re-really?" I nodded and brushed his wet hair from his face.

"Really. I-I guess you kissing me made me realize something though." I said and he turned to face me more.

"What?"

"In all the guys I've slept with, all the guys I've talked to and been around, none of them made my heart flutter and fill with joy the way it does when I'm with you. None of them were gentle and kind and amazing, none of them were you, Asahi. You aren't just Asahi Azumane, the ace of the boys' volleyball team at Karasuno. You're Asahi, the gentle giant who's sweet, kind, loving, caring, and you are shy but that just makes you even cuter. And yeah, you worry about everything and are scared of more than you like, but all of that makes you who you are. All of that, that's what I love about you." I said and he smiled then I gently kissed him, his hand grabbing my shirt. He kissed back then hugged my waist and I smiled as I held his jaw with both hands. I slowly broke the kiss and smiled as I laid my head against his.

"Come on, they're probably worried. We should get back." He nodded and we stood then walked back but the camp building was lit up, meaning everyone was awake.

"They're back!" Hinata yelled as we got to the porch and Ukai gave us towels as we got inside.

"The hell did you go?" Ukai asked Asahi and he laughed some.

"Farther than I thought. I'm sorry-"

"It's fine. We're just happy you two aren't hurt." Washijo said and I smiled but my sister hugged me.

"Hitoka, I'm all wet."

"I don't care." She said and I laughed then kissed her head.

"Both of you, upstairs and change. Everyone else, get back to bed." Nekomata said and we all did as told but I was braiding my hair in the hall when Asahi came out of the bathroom.

"Hey, Novalie?" I smiled at him and he cleared his throat.

"Um, wi-will you b-be my girl-girlfriend?" I laughed at his nervousness then grabbed his shirt and pulled him down to me, gently kissing him.

"Of course, you big baby." I said on his lips and he smiled then kissed me. When I got back to the room, I had a stupid grin and the girls were eyeing me.

"So, what happened?" I ignored them and laid on my bed as I tried to calm down.

"Novalie, are you okay?" Hitoka asked and I nodded into my pillow.

Asahi's POV
I smiled as I got to the room then the guys all eyed me as I went to my bed.

"Dude, what happened to you two?" Ennoshita asked and I chuckled as I laid back.

"Asahi, I'm sorry for teasing you." Tanaka said and I shrugged as I covered my face with my pillow.

"You okay?" Kageyama asked and I nodded then rolled onto my stomach as I grinned into my pillow. My first girlfriend. And she's gorgeous and amazing and all around perfect.

"Hello? Earth to Asahi." I looked up at Nishinoya and he cocked his head.

"Are you okay? You're acting weird."

"I'm fine." I said and laid my face in my pillow.

"Okay, if you say so." Daichi said and we all went to bed but I couldn't wipe my grin off my face.