Future!Eddie Brock/Venom X Reader- Safe (Prologue)

Walking on the path, you breathed in the fresh air you rarely experienced anymore. It had been a long time since you visited the park, the forested area of the to be exact. Your job had you flying and traveling all over the place, only giving you enough time to sleep, eat and go to the bathroom. The stress and anxiety of your job was worth it, it was your dream job after all, but nothing compares to the serenity you feel when alone with nature. You don't know what causes it. Maybe it's the atmosphere, the shaded areas with the sound of leaves brushing together. Maybe it's the complete absence of people. It's most likely both, but you like to keep your options open.

Looking ahead of you, a man was on the side of the path, laying still on the ground. You couldn't see his chest moving. Running over to him, you knelt down and flipped him over before checking for a pulse. You had no idea how to check for a pulse but at least you tried.

"I'm going to call for help," you said, pulling out your phone and dialing 911. "I hope I'm not talking to a dead body."

"911, what's your emergency?" the woman asked almost too calmly.

"Yeah, hi, I'm on the main path about half a mile from the entrance of the park and I found a man. He's not breathing and I don't know what to do. I've only learned compressions while I was in high school, I don't know how to check for a pulse and that class was during freshman year-"

"Please calm down," she said, instantly making you shut up. "There is an ambulance on the way. To check his pulse, lift his hand and place two fingers on the area beneath his thumb."

"Okay," you said, putting the phone on speaker and placing it onto the ground before doing what the woman told you to do. "I feel a pulse."

"Good, now-"

"There's something black crawling all over him!" you screamed, dropping his wrist.

The woman on the phone told you again to remain calm, but you couldn't stay calm when a pile of living oil was heading straight towards you. Losing your balance, you fell back and kicked yourself away from the body. It got onto your foot before you could get away, traveling up your leg as you screamed.

"HELP!!!" you shrieked, trying to wipe off the black goo. "Please help me!!!!"

Your attempt to get it off was in vain, the black substance attached itself to your hands and moved up your arms. It forced you back onto the ground, traveling up your neck and soon enveloped the rest of your body. You could see nothing but black, the inky substance invaded all of your senses. As fast as it happened, everything disappeared. There were footsteps rushing towards you, and when you tried to say something your mouth clamped shut. You couldn't move anything, breathing seemed like the only thing you could do at the moment.

"Get two containment units."

You knew that terminology didn't belong to anyone from the hospital. Containment meant one thing, whatever the living black blob thing is, it infected you and you were going to be put somewhere where you'll never see anyone again. You hoped that the woman that answered your call had documented this or at least kept the recording. Whoever was taking you now could have bribed her to delete it or deny that this ever happened, they could even threaten her.

Don't worry, we will keep each other safe.

You would have screamed if you could, there was a fucking voice in your head and it seemed like the perfect reaction. The voice was way deeper than your own, but not deep enough to be a male voice. Were you going crazy or was this because of the black goo that got on you?

You aren't going crazy, (Y/N). We are one now, we share a bond.

What was that supposed to mean, you thought, I have no idea what's going on. You felt yourself being picked up, freaking you out even more. Your back met with a cold surface before you heard something click shut, informing you that you were placed in the containment unit you heard about. What's going to happen to you?

As I said, we will keep each other safe.

You had no idea what the voice meant, but you knew that you were in some deep shit. From your experiences watching movies like the Alien franchise and Bodysnatchers, you knew that there was a great possibility that you won't be going home ever again.