Valhalla Will Have To Wait (part 1)- Valkyrie X Reader

Fighting wasn't always your kind of thing, the thought of hurting someone just to prove a point didn't seem like a bright idea. The other Asgardians thought that fighting was necessary to the balance of the nine realms, killing and injuring many to make sure no one surpassed the abilities of Asgard. You now understood what fighting meant, but it cost you your home and entire family. It began with Heimdall not answering your call after a reconnaissance mission on Midgard, leaving you stranded on a planet you barely had any knowledge of. Its culture had changed drastically since the last time you visited it, and you soon realized that your skills as an Asgardian could be used to your advantage. At first, you participated in small fights, holding back almost all of your strength as you fought Midgardians for entertainment and money.

It didn't take long for you to find fights that were meant for strong, powerful beings like you. You rose to the top of the most deadly underground fighting arena in the world. There were some challenges, but none of the Midgardians could outmatch a God(dess), especially the God(dess) of wit and resourcefulness. You sometimes had wondered what occurred on Asgard to cause Heimdal to not answer your call, but you push those thoughts aside before you could come up with horrid theories. Fighting was one way to cope, forge a new life and adapt to this foreign world. You learned about the different fighting styles of Midgard, and found that Judo was more interesting to you than the others.

Learning the different variations of Midgardian fighting certainly helped amplify your skills, but it also drew the unwanted attention of certain individuals that you did not want to be noticed by. There were many powerful and normal humans that formed groups to protect the world, but you had no interest in protecting a world that was not yours. The only thing that interested you was surviving in this world, and that included not placing a target on your back. Of course fighting illegally already did that, but that only applied to furious fans and opponents. How could have you known that this fight was arranged to hand you over to the Avengers? Living on Midgard made you soft, but you were not called resourceful for nothing.

"I have no quarrel with you," you stated, glancing at the many figures surrounding you, "so leave before this escalates."

"Yeah... no," the glowing metal man replied, standing his ground.

"Fine, I have no problem going through you," you growled, walking past him. "Even in your mechanical armor, you are no match for me."

"Asgard was destroyed."

You stopped in your tracks, immediately turning around and stomping towards him, "What do you mean? What became of the Asgardians?"

"I don't think I'm the ri-" he stopped talking when you grabbed his throat, lifting him off of the ground.

"(Y/N), put Stark down."

"Thor?" you asked, dropping Stark before turning around. "What the hell happened to you?"

Thor looked completely different, his long hair was shaved off and one of his eyes was missing, "It's a long story, but I can fill you in during our flight."

"Why should I go with you?" you asked, folding your arms. "I have been stranded here without any means of communication to Asgard, and I find out Asgard was destroyed just a few seconds ago from a petty Midgardian? This is complete and utter bullshit."

"I understand, but we need everyone we can get," Thor said, sighing. "Thanos is coming."

"Dammit," you muttered, running your hand through your hair. "He hasn't shown his face in a long time. What brings him here? Please tell me it isn't the stones."

"It is."

"Dammit!" you screamed, kicking the large rock into the wall. "Fine, but if I die I'm going to break out of Valhalla and haunt you for the rest of eternity."

"Very well," he stated, gesturing to the door. "Shall we?"

You sighed, glaring at the two men before walking out of the door and increasing your chances to visit Valhalla.