mint

i closed the door behind me and walked out into the pavement. it was eight am in the morning and i was already late for school. i turn to my right and see minho, fumbling around with his shoes. he looked up at me smiled pathetically. 

"wow, we're both late on the first day of the new term this is great" minho sarcastically sighed and i laughed at him. 

"well hurry the hell up then" i walked ahead of him and he caught up to me. "late night movie marathons are never a good thing" i shook my head and frowned. i shifted my school bag so it would sit comfortably on my shoulders. 

"hey, you finally wore the bracelet i gave you" he saw the rose gold bracelet on my hand. "its pretty isn't it. i have a great eye for all things beautiful yaknow" he smirked which made me remember the sunset in the ferris wheel. 

"y-yeah thanks. anyway, if we don't want detention after school we should probably start running" i looked at the time on my phone and both our eyes widened.  "shit" 

_____

we arrived at the school gate just seconds before the security guard could close it. he reluctantly let us in and we both gave him awkward smiles. "yikes, who hurt the poor guy? he should smile more" minho chuckled. we turned a corner into the hallways and was met with one of the most fiercest teachers in the school.

"that's it we're so gonna get detention at this rate" i whined as she walked closer to us. 

"Song Moonbyul, Lee Minho look at the time! Its your first day back for the new term and the both of you are late!" she scolded the both of us and we just looked down at our feet. "detention. both of you" she gave us yellow slips of paper each and we nodded our heads. 

"but we made it before the damn security guard could close the gates!" i looked at the yellow slip of paper, baffled. "this sucks wow. well, its only for an hour plus we won't be serving detention alone at least" minho tried smiling optimistically and i smiled at him. 

we ran to our homeroom class and awkwardly walked into the classroom. minho went to his seat at the back while i went to my seat which was beside sejeong. 

"why are the both of you late, at the same time" sejeong whisper shouted at me. "movie marathon" i whisper back not looking at her. she nudged my arm and wiggled her eyebrows. "that's cute" she ginned cheekily and i rolled my eyes. "not as cute as you and chan" i grinned back and she immediately became flustered. 

yeah, sejeong and chan started dating recently and they were sickeningly cute. that was why recently, minho and i spent more time together. both our bestfriends ditched us for their other halves. i smiled at sejeong seeing how flustered she was and chuckled.

____

the bell rang and students started racing our the classroom to the cafeteria. i scrunched my nose disapprovingly at them and packed my belongings slowly. "moonbyul you go ahead and meet the boys first." i raised and eyebrow at sejeong's sudden request. "im meeting chan for awhile" she sheepishly smiled and i rolled my eyes. 

"fine" she squealed and left the classroom to meet chan. i grabbed my wallet and headed to the cafeteria to meet the boys. 

"hey hoes" i jokingly said as i sat down. "ah, finally a non-betrayer" changbin sarcastically said while taking a bite of his bread. "sejeong been spending so much time with chan recently" seungmin frowned and i laughed at them. 

"hey im still here" i did weird jazz hands with my hands and the boys laughed at me. from the corner of my eye i caught minho and jeongin queuing up to buy their food. i smiled at how minho treated jeongin. jeongin was younger than us so naturally, minho treated him likea younger brother. 

whenever we hung out, minho would speak fondly of jeongin as if he were his real brother and it was cute. he ruffled jeongin's hair before taking a packet of orange juice.  jisung, seeing my unconscious smile turned behind to see minho and jeongin. 

"whodat whodat whodat boy" jisung started chanting and i rolled my eyes. "could it be jeongin? wait you're into younger boys?" jisung gave me a weird look and i laughed at his expressions. woojin heard our conversation and smacked jisung's head. 

"no idiot. she was obviously smiling at minho" as soon as he said that both seungmin and changbin looked at me. 

"you like minho?" seungmin whisper shouted at me and i could see the resemblance of him and sejeong. i shrugged my shoulders playfully. 

"i've never seen minho comfortable with anyone other than chan,jeongin,felix and hyunjin. he always keeps to himself and gives people the cold stare." jisung shivered at the thought. i mean, he wasn't wrong. before minho was nice to me, he was completely terrifying.

"speaking of which, he has been talking to our moonbyul quite often" woojin squinted his eyes suspiciously. it felt like i was being interrogated by four dads. it was weird.

" we're neighbours so yeah we talk comfortably with one another" i shrugged and they all widened their eyes. "why have you been keeping this information away from us? what else have you been hiding from us. song moonbyul i am offended" changbin frowned.

"i swear its really nothing. we're just neighbours" i smiled awkwardly at them. just then i remembered the sunset in the ferris wheel and shook the thought out of my head. 

after talking and joking around with the boys i decided to walk back to the classroom. i waved them goodbye and made my way. as i was walking past the lockers i saw minho and his group of friends just messing around outside the classrooms. 

minho saw me walking and smiled. "hey moonbyul! here!" he shouted from across the hallway and i covered my face in embarrassment. the other students who heard him started whispering and looking at us.

"hey" i smiled at him and greeted his friends. "have you met the guys yet?" technically no but i knew who they were. i decided to just shake my head and minho started introducing me to them. the four stunning boys smiled back at me. 

"why you call me here for?" i asked him . "nothing. i just wanted to walk back to class with you." he made a boyish grin and waved goodbye to his friends. my heart fluttered at that statement and i hid my now blushed cheeks. what was he so cute for?

"i see you're being more comfortable around me" i smirked at minho who gave me a sheepish smile. "shut up".

we walked back to our english literature class and we took our seats. the classroom was empty since there was still some time before lunch ended. i expected minho to put his head on the table like he usually did but today, he just kept staring at me.

"is there something on my face?" i asked, genuinely worried that i had ketchup on my face. "nah. i've been wanting to ask you this for quite some time now." he turned his body so he would face me entirely.

"what is it?" i raised an eyebrow. "the other day when you ran back to class, what were those pills you took?" his expression changed to a stern one and i stood there, not knowing how to reply his question. 

"p-pills?" unknowingly i stuttered as i avoided his gaze. "yes pills." seriousness evident in his tone. he wasn't goofing around like he usually did. he was being totally serious and i felt intimidated, not gonna lie.

"they're just medication" i wasn't completely lying. "what for? and why did you look like you were in pain that day?" he asked and his eyes soften. i thought he dismissed that event from his memory but i guess it was bugging him. 

"okay so basically, i got a panic attack that day. its totally normal for me though. the pills help calm me down and stabilise my breathing" i tried explaining why i took the pills but it wasn't being interpreted the way i liked it to. 

"when did you start getting these panic attacks?" minho asked. i was hesitant at first but i grew so comfortable around minho that i didn't feel weird telling him about my past.

"i started getting these panic attacks after my brother passed away" minho's eyes widened after my explanation. "you have a brother?" he stood there, baffled.