The Dark Past

FluffyMuffins

    It all started on a crisp, foggy morning in February. We were flying high above the trees and the land, along with the mortals residing there, when we heard it...

The Scream.

We were only 10 years old at the time, but our hearing was sharp. The scream was unmistakably  that of our mother. We banked left and shot for our cozy patch of trees as fast and our wings would take us. It all shot through us like an arrow to the heart... In a second my mind was clouded with thoughts like.. What was happening to our mother? Would we be alone?... What will we do?

With our breath ragged. And wind ripping mercilessly at our scales as we shot faster and faster to the ground. We barely pulled our feet up to land before we bounding toward a group of men with sharp objects, and magic at their hands.

    It took one look at our mother's limp form on the ground, black scales that matched our own catching the sun perfectly, even matted with blood, to set my other half in a flame of furry.

    John took complete control of our body with her anger, and for some reason... I let her... they deserve this, I thought mercilessly.

    In only a couple of seconds before all the mortals lay dead at our feet... but the sadness of losing our mother would never fix the gaping hole in our heart, no matter how many people we killed.

Authour's Note...

We are looking for name ideas so if you have any please comment what you think it should be.

Do you like the story so far?

We would love to know your thoughts.