No Holding Back

FluffyMuffins

I said it...I finally said it.I don't want to kill people. Did she hear me? I hope she did. I will repeat it 100 times if I have to because it needs to be said, and I need to be heard. I am no longer going to be the one curled up in the back of our mind. We are two halves of a whole, and I plan to have complete control of my half.I will no longer kill people.

After our fight with those humans I feel different, I feel... free? I love John more than I can say, so that is why I will be the one to save her. I have let her fall deeper into the darkness for 90 years, but now I will be the one to pull her out... I just don't know how to tell her that.

"I need to tell you something, and I need you to listen." I say in the strongest voice I can muster, ignoring the pain still lingering throughout our body.

"Why? Why do you want to destroy what we have been working for for so long? PLease, ANSWER ME!" John screams at me, taking me back a little/

"This is what YOU have been working for, not me. I just went along with it all this time, but that ends today." I tell her feeling better as I voiced the words that I have been holding back since our mother died.

"...why?" She says sounding weaker than I have ever heard her.

I feel tears start to slide down our face, but I refuse to back down.

"I want a friend, John. I want someone who can help us because we are lost, and have been ever since Mom died. Please John," my voice cracks, "Please, let us make a friend."

Everything is silent, but I can't focus. The beating of my heart clangs throughout my head, and my emotions swell up threatening to drown me in a cloud of despair. I thought of my mother, and about how she used to cradle us under her wings on stormy nights, and our father, whose face I can barely remember.

"...okay." John says in barely more than a whisper.

With a smile parting on our tear streaked face we heard the sounds of bells chiming in the distance, and footsteps moving towards us... human footsteps.

Author's Note...

This was one of our first chapters showing internal conflict...

Will they be able to work through it?