Help has arrived

John

I was trying to stop the steady stream of tears sliding down my face when I felt my body tense. I hadn't been paying attention, but I heard it now... footsteps walking towards us. I could imagine vile humans, or are they just humans now? I was willing to try to change if it was what Fluffy wanted. I hadn't realized that she never wanted revenge... I was selfish, but that will all change.

I heard the sound of fairy-like bells and tried to stand, but almost fainted as the pain zinged throughout my body. I couldn't hold back the snarl that escaped my mouth. I bared my razor-sharp teeth as my bitback another howl of pain.

I knew I couldn't escape because of the arrow still piercing my wing. I couldn't see it but I could tell it was stuck in my bone. I am not sure how a simple arrow could have done this much damage, but my wing, and side hurt more than any wounds I had ever experienced.

The footsteps were getting closer, and my desperation was growing. We curled up in a ball using our good wing as a shield. We raised our tail, ready as a whip. I heard them getting closer, and I felt us tense. Their footsteps were coming closer... and closer... and closer. They seemed to be synchronized with the beating of our heart as it pounded against against our temples. BUMP... BUMP... BUMP... BUMP.

It was only a matter of seconds, but it felt like ages until we heard a voice shout through the treeline.

"It's me, Phonix," said a hesitant voice that was indeed that of our friends, "...I brought the deer."

We immediately relaxed and lowered our wing slowly to our side.

"Okay." We said together coming out as one synchronized voice.

He walked out of the treeline with a woman who seemed to be in her mid-twenties. Her hair looked like a living fire that matched her forest-green eyes. She was average height... for a human... and slim. She is wearing a cloak that was seaweed green mixed with brown, covering her emerald dress. Her chest was covered with a pinewood green lace. She had her familiar on her long wooden staff... a black raven. She looked very elegant, but it was impossible to miss the ancient glint in her eyes.

There were 2 deer who were following her as if compelled to do so. I instantly felt my hunger rise, and Fluffy groaned inside our mind at the sight of it.

"Who are you?" I say focusing solely on the deer behind her. "I thought you were bringing an old crone, Phonix."

"Did I say, Old Crone?" Phonix says taking a large step out her of reach. "Hee..hee." He nervously laughs.

She silently glares at him, rolls her eyes and says, "Hello, I'm Willow Etta Rosemar."

Even though she said it so softly, I felt as if I should address her formally. It was then that I noticed Phonix holding a rather large brown leathered back, and struggling.

We tried to adjust our position but growled in pain. I feel our cheeks heat, and even though no one can see it, I feel embarrassed.

"Don't move, or you will make it worse. I think I have seen this before." She says with a voice as soft as velvet.

As she walks closer she looks at the spear that had fallen out of our side when we had fallen.

"As I suspected... you have been poisoned with Dragons-bane." 

Author's Note...

This book has been so much fun to write thank you for joining us on this adventure.