Al Prossimo Livello

On to the last two laps, Nico was already third, he was inches away from the top one.  Maine is telling him to relax and make sure that he maintain his current speed so that he will not be left out.  She told him to wait for the right timing.  One lap and the trio are still at it, same position, Nico still third.  500 meters away from the finish line, Maine signalled Nico to get ready for the booster and when the right timing came, she told Nico to use it.  As if everything is in slow motion, the race is done.  The team waited for the result to be posted on the board and they were surprised to see that Nico made it to second place! Hindi na masama! They came here as newbies and yet they were second place.  Nico went down to his car and ran towards the team, tears streaming down his face.  He was so happy being part of this race, and finishing second is a big bonus for him!

"Guys, salamat! Salamat! Pangalawa tayo! Pangalawa!" Nico shouted at the guys, hugging them. 
"Kuya, ang galing mo! Congratulations!" Dei said, tears streaming down her face.  His victory is also hers and she knows how important this thing is for him.  She can't contain the happiness she has for his "kasangga" for life! Tuwang-tuwa naman ang lahat imaging ang mga magulang nila.

"Anak, you made it! We are so proud of you!" Mr. Mendoza said.
"I never thought you could drive like that, anak! I was so worried all the time you were at it pero sobrang proud ako sa iyo, sa inyo!" Mrs. Mendoza said.
"Ang galing mo, iho! Congratulations!" Mr. Faulkerson said.
"Nico! Ang galing ng isa ko pang apo! Ang galing-galing!" Sabi ng Lola ni Richard sa kanya at niyakap pa ito.

However, their celebration was cut short when they heard the emcee saying something.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are so happy with the outcome of the result, and I know everyone is so happy but may we request a little of your time to witness something magical today?" The emcee said.
The crowd fell silent as they heard what the emcee said.

"This is it!" Nico said and hugged his sister.
"Huh?" Dei was puzzled.

The screen then flashed a car driving in the race track.  The car drifted left and right as if the driver is doing some stunts.  The driver was so confident in every curves on the race track and drive as if he is the rave track himself.

"I dreamt to be a race car driver as well.  I started even before I went to college. I was too fascinated in the way the car drifted on the race track.  But then reality bites and I need to refocus my life and leave driving for a while.  So I ended up doing drag racing every now and then to unwind.  I never thought na makikilala kita doon.  Sino ba naman ang mag-iisip na ang batang " lalaki" na kinainisan ko at babae pala? Isang napakagandang babae! I was upset na muntik na kitang masaktan , thanks to Nico for preventing that.  But when I saw you hurt and yet stood up against me, I was mesmerized.  Its as if something in me change.  Pero I don't want to acknowledge it.  I was too occupied with problems para isali ka pa sa gulo ng buhay ko. But then destiny has her own way, it let us become friends and eventually fall for each other.  I never thought someone like you really exist.  And angel in disguise and gave my life a new meaning!" Someone is speaking over a radio while the driver continue to drive on the race track.
"Alam ko na marami pa akong  dapat gawin para kahit papaano bumagay ako sa katulad mo.  Marami pa akong dapat paghirapan upang maibigay sa iyo ang magandang buhay na gusto ng magulang mo sa iyo, but then I was surprised when I told them my plans.  They told me that as long as I won't hurt their princess, they are okay with it.  Princess, I promise to you and to each people around here that I will not, never hurt you in any way.  I promise to love you till my last breath.  I vow to my mother's grave that I will love you forever and do everything in my power to give you the life your parents wanted. 
Nicomaine Dei, will you allow me to be your better half for the rest of our lives?  Will you marry me?" The car then stop in front of her and the driver went down and kneel in from of her. 
Dei was so surprised that she can't even moved.  She was somehow felt a nudged on her back kaya napabalik siya sa realidad. 

"I was not expecting this at all.  Nakakainis ka!" Dei told him while tears are streaming down her face.  She really love this fluffy marshmallows, his being corny and all...

"So, mahal, will you have me as your husband? Will you marry me?" Richard can't help but felt nervous because Dei is stalling.

"Yes... I will be your happy wife!" Dei shouted and hugged Richard  while sobbing.

"Its a yes! Its a yes!" Richard shouted and hugged Dei tightly and stood up with Dei on his arms.

Everyone felt giddy on what they just have witnessed.  It was indeed magical... A very good ending on a great and exciting race.  What happened today will definitely last a lifetime on everyone's memory.

Richard and Dei along with the family walked through the crowd joyously...