Accordo

The lunch was serve at exactly 12' noon... Everyone was enjoying the sumptuous lunch Maine prepared... Everyone is rambling how good she is in cooking... She thanked them, but before that she first requested if its OK that Manang Virgie and the gang joined them at the table... The Faulkersons don't mind it since ever since their helpers are part of the family... This is the first time again after Mrs. Faulkerson died, that they are happily chatting... The lunch went well... And they have Maine to thank for...
And as a finale, Maine told them to stay... She then went to the kitchen... A plate on hand...
Everyone got curious of a white covered cake on it... Nothing special... Just a simple white cake...
"I want to share a story to all you bilang I all consider you close friends, and bilang "ampon" po ninyo for two days at pasasalamat na rin po dahil inalagaan po ninyo ako nung maysakit ako...
"This was in New York... U have this final test before getting my diploma... We need to create a dish/pastries that will best describe us... And apparently, being Maine Mendoza I still don't have an idea a day before the final test... As I am rummaging my brain while lulling in my flat, I saw this cartoon... My little pony...
"Uyyy, alam ko yan Ate Maine, I used to watch that every weekend kaso po wala na ngayon sa regular programming e!" Angel said...
"O, talaga wala na?!! Sayang naman... The wisdom they preach is too good not only for kids but for the kids at heart as well... Anyways, going back... After I saw that, I got inspired and worked it the whole night for perfection... So here is the finished product... And I got my diploma because of this...! Go dig in!" Maine told them...

Everyone was wondering how this cake gained her a diploma... Its a simple white covered cake... No decorations that will make any mouth water, nor anything that will piqued the curiosity of the diner... Until Angel shouted...
"Uyyy, ang ganda! Its Rainbow Dash cake! Ang galing... This is the first time I saw this kind of cake! I want this on my birthday! Please Ate Maine... Please!"

Everyone was surprised seeing that under a lame physical form of the cake was a layers of colors... The base of the cake are layered in different colors as inspired of the rainbow... And that was when they understood why it gained a diploma for her... This cake really describes the Maine Mendoza! She is a thing of a beauty but way past that beauty is more beautiful... She have a very beautiful soul... The cake did taste so good, chocolate and almonds are powdered to give the sweetest taste on the cake...
And RJ was so mesmerized of the meaning behind the lame cake that he cannot contain himself and declared his feelings for her over the dining table...
"I love you!" RJ said, loud enough to hear by everyone and that made Maine turned beet red...
Everyone was surprised, a good kind of surprised and then Lola spoke...
"Apo, panindigan mo yan!" Lola said...
"I will, Lola! I will!" RJ answered... He stood up and went to where Maine is and said...
"Pwede ba kitang ligawan ng pormal? I will go through the ends of the Earth just to hear you say Yes to me! I am ready to endure everything just to be at your side all the time! Please?" RJ said...
Maine was so surprised of his declaration and shy as well because it was done in front of his family... She felt she was cornered...
"I know pakiramdam mo medyo nakorner ka, kasi naman of all times my heart act up, sa gitna pa ng family ko... Don't worry, I will not force you to answer right now... I just want to tell you and them that I will prove myself to you and be deserving to have that special spot in your heart!" RJ declared...
"Oh my God... How in the world did he understood my predicament this time? I was way beyond puzzled, does he know me that long to tell what I feel and how I feel? Only God knows the answer but thank you, Lord! For bringing me to this sensitive guy!"
"Okay, prove your worth!" Maine told him...
"Am I hearing it right? You will give me a chance?" RJ said, surprised...
"Yes!" Maine said...
"You will not regret giving me that chance, pinky swear!" RJ hooked his pi ky to Maine...
The family was surprised because RJ only did it with the matriarch of the family... And they swear to God, both of them glowed as if they were blessed!

Then a ring came from Maine's phone!
"Hello, Kulas! Whazzup?"
"As in bukas ng 7am? As in tomorrow morning ang lapag nila?
"Kulas! Wala akong sasakyan ngayon, di ba dinala ninyong lahat?"
"Tatamaan ka talaga sa akin, Kulas! Tingnan mo pagbalik ko!"
"Sige, try ko kausapin! Hihiramin ko na lang... Tapos ipabalik ko sa hapon...!"
"Oo na, oo na! Kulas, need ko ng ka-sparring pagbalik ko diyan! Pwede ba mukha mo?"
"Aba't... Makikita mo bukas... Yari ka sa akin!"
"Bye!"
"Ummm, sorry about that... Si Kulas po tumawag, kumusta daw po kayong lahat and thank you daw po! Maaga po akong aalis bukas mga 5am, magsusundo po ako sa airport bukas... Darating po ang Nanay at Tatay e... RJ, hiramin ko si Fortunato bukas pwede? Pahatid ko sa hapon Kay Kuya Jose at Wally... May meeting kasi bukas si Nico e!"
"Okay! Sasamahan na kita... Dalawa na tayong magsundo...!" RJ said...
"Wag na OK lang ako! Magaling na ako Kaya wala ng problema sa driving reflexes ko...!" Maine said...
"Ummm, family! Papaalam lang po ako na sususnduin ko po ang mga magulang ni Maine bukas sa airport... Pwede po ba akong lumiban bukas sa restaurant?" RJ said looking to his family...
"Hindi pwede!" Daddy ni RJ said...
"Oo nga apo! Hindi pwede!" Sabi ni Lola...
"Bakit po hindi pwede?" Pagmamaktol ni RJ, nakapout pa!
"Hindi pwedeng hindi mo samahan si Maine, anak!" Sabi ni Daddy...
"Yown! Thanks, Dad!" RJ said...
"Maine?" RJ asked...
"O siya sige na! Madami dalahin si Nanay at Tatay, baka masabak ka sa buhatan! OK lang?" Banta ni Maine...
"Sus, yakang-yaka yan!" Sabay flex ng biceps!

"Diyoskomahabagin! Wag po ako! Marupok ako!" Maine said inwardly...