01

It was a cloudy Sunday afternoon.

The gray clouds gave off the feeling that it was going to rain any second, there wasn't any thunder or lighting indicating that a storm was coming, but the wind was blowing rather harshly, messing up a head of raven hair. Nobody was outside on a day like today.

Nobody except Taehyung.

He stomped through the tall grass, trying to find a path he used to walk on when he was younger. Although, it was only a short walk away from his house, it's been ages since he last stepped foot inside the forest. The last time he remembered walking around this place was with a certain boy, whom he hasn't thought about in quite a long time.

Although he didn't want to admit it, determined that his memory was still good, the boy was a bit lost. He could have sworn he and the boy made a left turn after they passed a big tree marked with some kind of drawing they could never make out. But he couldn't find the tree anymore. Maybe the drawing had washed off already, or maybe his memory was trying to fool him.

Finally, after a few minutes of wondering around, he finally found the path and decided to follow it, knowing it will lead him to his favorite childhood hideaway. In just three and a half songs, which were blasting loudly through his headphones, he found himself in a small opening in the woods. He felt a pang in his chest as his eyes scanned the small opening.

There wasn't much to it. There was a goal with a missing net where he used to play football, an old slide, which looked like it was about to collapse, and another boy sitting on a swing, softly swinging himself back and forth with his legs while he looked down at his lap, fiddling with something Taehyung couldn't make out.

He removed one of his headphones, as if that would help him see better and stared at an all too familiar figure sitting just a few meters away from him, completely unaware of his presence.

Could it be? No, no way, it would be a far too big of a coincidence. But was it?

''Jungkook?'' He called out as he removed his other earphone as well and waited to see if he was indeed correct.

The boy stopped moving his legs, he remained completely still for a second, he looked almost scared like he had just been caught. Slowly he lifted his head and squinted his eyes trying to figure out who called his name.

''Taehyung?'' He questioned, shocked to see the said boy.

''Hey...'' Taehyung greeted, he scratched the back of his neck, suddenly regretting making his presence known.

''Hi...'' The other greeted back.

There was no doubt that neither of the pair knew what exactly to do. Jungkook remained seated, waiting to see if the boy would walk over to him, or maybe he would leave, not wanting to converse with him any longer.

And Taehyung remained frozen in place, trying to decide if he should just leave the boy alone. After all, he was there first.

''I-I can leave... If you wanna be alone...'' He suggested.

''I mean-no, y-you don't have to... It's not my property... I mean it's not your's either-but... You can be here too... If you want...''

''But you were here first... I don't wanna bother you...''

''You're not.'' Jungkook quickly shook his head. ''You can stay... If you wanna of course...''

Even after two years, the pair still didn't know what to say to one another.

''I mean... If you don't mind...'' Taehyung trailed off. He felt a strong urge to punch himself in the face, why was he so awkward around Jungkook.

''I don't.'' Jungkook assured with a small shake of the head.

''A-are you sure... I-it's really no problem if you wanna be alone... Y-you don't have to be polite-''

''Taehyung, come sit down.'' Jungkook chuckled at their awkwardness.

The said boy wasted no time; he rushed over to the swing set and sat down on the empty swing beside Jungkook. The swing creaked as he sat down, reminding him of its old age and bad shape.

''Why are we so awkward?'' Taehyung let out an uncomfortable laugh as he looked down at his hands, not quite ready to see the boy on his right up close yet.

''I don't know.'' The other laughed as well.