Chapter 3 - Awkward..

Thank you so much for the readers of my story. Please comment/vote. :)

CHAPTER 3

“I’m so sorry.” I said as my hands tried to cover my eyes. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you were back so I just entered without knocking. I am really sorry.”

“No, no please. I am sorry. I forgot you’re here already. Oh my god I am so stupid.” She said smacking herself, her body covered by her blanket. I supposed the naked guy that I saw on top of Rebecca moments ago went to the bathroom, I wasn’t able to see him anywhere.

“Hon can you hand me my clothes please?” he yelled.

“I think I’ll just come back after a few minutes” I said but Rebecca insisted that I don’t need to go. She stood up, still covered with her blanket as she picked up their clothes from the floor.

“I am really sorry. Please come inside. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” she said as she went inside the bathroom.

After awhile they both came out. “Sophie, this is Henry, my boyfriend. Honey, this is my roommate Sophia.”

Sophie.. My heart clenched.

“Hi Sophia. Nice to meet you.” Henry said as he waved at me.

“Hello Henry. I am really sorry, I should’ve..”

“No need to be sorry.” They both flushed. Then an awkward silence followed.

“I should get going Hon,” Henry said to Rebecca. “It was nice knowing you Sophia.” He gave Rebecca a quick kiss before leaving the room. When the door shuts, Rebecca started apologizing again.

“Oh my god Sophie I am really sorry. I am really embarrassed.” She said with her hands covering her red face. I wanted to laugh at her, but I controlled myself and smiled at her instead.

“It’s okay Rebecca. It really is. I am old enough to understand. And I will never tell on you so just forget about it.”

She smiled, a genuine smile. Then she said that she’s going to sleep now. I said goodnight and relaxed on my bed.

I think I should get used to this stuff, fast. I smiled as I remembered what happened. I may not have the experience but I’m mature enough to understand it. Teens, raging hormones, etc.

Since I was tired because of the drive and settling in, I easily drifted to sleep

-------------------------------------------

“Sophie, Sophie, Sophie! Wake up!”

I sat into the bed, my heart pounding. Oh my god. No, no, no..

“Are you alright?” Rebecca said, her face worried as hell.

“Please don’t call me that again Becca.” I said, trying to catch my breath.

“Oh, I’m sorry Sophia.” she said. “Bad dream?”

I just nodded. She went to her bedside table and when she came back to face me she have a glass of water in her hands.

“Drink.” she said as she handed me the glass. I obliged and took a small sip. My heart is still beating fast, as if I went for a run. I tried to breathe slowly to calm myself. I just realized that I was shaking.

“I’m going back to sleep. If you want we can turn on the bedside lamp, I don’t mind sleeping with the lights on.” Rebecca said. I was touched by her concern. She is a really genuine person.

“Thank you so much Becca. Sorry if I woke you up.” She just nodded and went back to bed. It was just 5:00 am, but I know that I can’t go back to sleep now. All the bad memories came flooding back to me, I tried to shake them off but I was defeated by my own brain. I hugged my pillow tightly, fighting back the tears.

I think I just laid there for hours, watched as the sun poured into the room, staring at the blue sky. I glanced at the clock again and its 8:00 am. I decided to go for a run. It will be a good chance as well to familiarize myself with the whole campus.

I inhaled the fresh air as I went out of the building. I ran for a few minutes, admiring the architecture of each and one of the halls. They are just so beautiful. Now I am more pumped to go to classes. I’m really excited and can’t believe that tomorrow will be officially the start of a new chapter in my life.