Chapter 6 - Kisses and Christmas

Thank you so much for being a fan taylor77 and Erinlinn. This is for you guys! Comment, fan and vote, I would really really REALLY appreciate it. :)

CHAPTER 6

I stared into his eyes, those green orbs with blue specks. I swallowed hard, and before I knew it I pressed my lips against his. I closed my eyes, and then when he slightly open his mouth I locked my lips into his. I don’t know what dawned into me, but I love the feeling that I am feeling right now. It seems that all my worries are gone, that my heart was filled with every happy emotion there is in the world.

I pulled away as I open my eyes. His face looks heavenly. I tried to calm my racing heart as I stare into his eyes. I can’t read the expression in his face, and that made me worry. I stood up and took a cigarette. I need to calm my nerves.

“Sophia.” He said. I don’t want to face him right now, I don’t want to talk. I don’t even have an explanation for what I did.

“Please.”

“Not now Riley.” I answered.

He just sat down there quietly, staring at me. I don’t know what he’s thinking. Right now I am wishing I was telepathic. I went over to my bedside and I put my iPod into the dock speaker. The silence is killing me.

“Lee.” I faced him.

“Lee? Is that a term of endearment?” he said, smiling.

“Maybe.” I smiled back. It’s nice to kind of ease the tension or humiliation I am feeling towards him. “I’m sor..”

“No need to be, Sophia. I’m just hoping you’ll talk to me more. I don’t know what you’re thinking, and it scares me.” He’s serious. I don’t know what else to say. I cannot promise him anything, I don’t want to promise him anything.

-------------------------------------------

“Mommy, Mommy!” No one answered. The whole house is quiet. Where is she?

I walked to her bedroom. There are clothes everywhere. I went to the bathroom to check if she’s there, but she is not. I walked back to the bedroom. I saw her dresser. I climbed up the chair and looked into the mirror. I fixed my hair. I found a small tube on the side. I opened it. Oh, this is what she uses to color her lips. I started putting it in my lips, it’s red. I looked again in the mirror. I look different.

“Sophia! What are you doing here? How dare you touch my things!” I literally jumped off the chair. She then dragged me, and tossed me outside of her room.

“You think you’re pretty? You are an ugly little piece of sh*t! I never loved you, no one will ever love you!” Then she slammed the door shut.

I wasn’t able to speak. I hugged my knees and cried.

“But I love you Mommy..”

I woke feeling a little warm. Oh, it must be the heater. Then I felt something heavy on my back, and an arm draped over me. Lee. I remembered I asked him to stay. But I wasn’t expecting him to sleep beside me, I thought he’ll sleep in Becca’s bed. I can feel his erection at my back. Oh, this is not good. I turned around slowly to face him.

“Hey.” He said, smiling. "Slept well?"

“Hi,” I replied, “Merry Christmas Lee.”

“Merry Christmas Sophia.” And before I knew it, he gave me a peck on the lips. It was short, but it sent tingles all throughout my body. He stood up. Oh my! He’s only wearing boxers! I can’t help but stare at him. He has a toned body, not too muscular though. I took him all in, enjoying myself.

I stood up as well and made my way to the bathroom. When I came out Lee is properly dressed and is browsing songs on my iPod.

“Hey, want to go out and grab some breakfast?” I asked.

“Sure.”

We didn’t talk as we make our way to the diner. He was a gentleman, opening the door for me. I ordered my usual: coffee, waffles and chicken. He ordered coffee and pancakes.

“So, what are your plans for today?” he asked, breaking the silence between us.

“Where are you from?” I asked.

“Why do you always answer my questions with a question?” He said. “We live around here. And you?”

“Why aren’t you spending Christmas with your family?”

“Because, they’re in Paris right now. Unfortunately I can’t join them because I have classes.” He replied.

“I’m from Atlanta.” I said to him.

“Georgia?” He asked and I nodded. I just thought I was being unfair to him by not answering his questions. How would we get to know each other if I don’t talk to him right?

“Where are your parents?” He asked. I don’t know what to say.

“They’re gone.” Is all that I can say. I dropped my fork and walked outside. I took out a cigarette. Of all the things he could ask me, he opened that one up. I saw him standing beside me. He’s being unusually quiet.

“I’m sorry but I’m not really comfortable talking about it.” I mumbled. He didn’t say a word. He took his hat off and put it on my head. He then grabbed my hand as we walk back to the dorm.

“I’ll pick you up at 6?” He said.

“Why?”

“I am not planning to spend Christmas alone. And I hope you’re not to. See you.”

He waved me goodbye and ran upstairs to his room. I don’t know where we are going or what his plan is. I closed the door and went straight to my bed.

What should I wear?