Chapter 17 - A Different Kind Of Firework

Hello everyone! Oh my, I'm really really sorry for not uploading for a long time. As you all know i have work now, and I've been extremely busy. But here's the new chapter and I hope you guys enjoy! Fan, vote and comment! <3

CHAPTER 17

2 months after..

"Come on Sophia, we're going to be late" Becca yelled from the outside. I'm still putting up my hair in a high ponytail and o be honest, I don't want to go with them to this party. Becca didn't go home for the Christmas, said that I need someone to be there for me. But come on, everytime I see her and Henry together it makes me feel sad.

Ever since the last time I saw Lee, I went back to the shell where I came from. I don't talk too much, I just wanted to be alone with my iPod, coffee, Marlboro and books. I am loving my life, away from all the drama, away from all the heartache. But I cannot say I don't regret my decision, I miss him. So much. Becca didn't ask about him but somehow she knew, and because of that I love her more and more everyday.

"Sophia! It's already 11! We only got an hour till New Year's"

"Alright I'm coming!" I yelled back at her. I took one last look of myself at the mirror. I walked outside the bathroom, grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and then we head out.

A few minutes later, we are already at the party. I really feel awkward being here, I just wanted to curl up in my bed and watch the fireworks from my window but no, Becca have to drag me here. I went to the bar and helped myself on a rum coke. Well, might as well enjoy the free drinks. I stiffened when someone grabbed my hand and saw who it was.

"Tay.." It means Lee is here?

"Sophia! I miss you!" Tay hugged me tightly. "Where have you been?"

"Uhmmm.. Just busy with my studies." I answered.

"Alright." He said. I started looking around for Lee. I really don't want to see him, because I don't know what will I say to him, but I miss him and I can't help it if I wanted to see him even from afar.

"Sophia, he's not here."

"Oh." I muttered. Tay hugged me again and excused himself. I was left again there alone, and I really don't know these people. I drank cup over cup of the rum coke, it drowns all the people and all the noise in my surrounding. I felt great. When was the last time I drank a lot? I don't remember.

I decided to look for Becca since its 5 minutes to 12. I swayed when I tried to walk first, but as soon as I regained my balance I made my way through the sea of people making out and dancing like choreography was never invented. Why do people do crazy things? I really don't know. My head is pounding and I felt that the whole house is swirling but I focused all of my energy in finding Becca. I steadied myself at the wall as I near the door. Maybe I just need some fresh air.

"10, 9, 8, 7.."

Oh my god where is Becca? I pushed the door open but it's stuck. I pushed harder and I saw 2 people making out there, almost falling down the stairs.

"Hey!" The girl shouted. Oh yes, they're definitely drunk.

"4, 3, 2.."

Where's Becca?

"1.."

And just as the countdown ends, someone grabbed me and kissed me passionately, I closed my eyes, I didn't need to look to see who it was, and everything was so familiar. His lips, his tongue exploring my mouth, his arms wrapped around me, the hair on his back as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Lee.

"Happy New Year Sophia." He said as he pulled away, both of us breathless.

"I thought you're not here?" I asked. Great, of all the things that I can say.

"Taylor called me." I nodded, not breaking eye contact with him.

"Happy New Year Riley." I said, I hugged him, burying my face to his chest, inhaling his scent. "I missed you so much." Before I knew it I was already crying. Okay, why am I crying again? Oh yeah I'm drunk. No inhibitions, no control.

"Sophia! Riley! Happy New Year guys!" Becca squealed, making her way to us. I pulled away from Lee, and Becca jumped into me. We both fell to the ground together. "Oh my god, Sophia! Are you drunk?" She said.

"Hey, does this mean I'm going to be drunk for the whole year?' I said as soon as I was able to stand again, thanks to Lee ofcourse. Lee, Henry and Becca laughed at me. But I didn't care and just laughed with them.

-------------------------------------------

I woke up with the worst hangover ever. We went back inside last night and drank some more. I remember everything, as Lee and I just cuddled on one corner while watching Henry and Becca literally have sex in front of other people. I was too drunk to pull them out of that situation, and I insisted that Lee stay with me or I'll take my clothes off. Well, I'm really not going to do that but who knows right?

I looked around and I knew that I was in Lee's room, in his bed, with this shirt on. I sat up, regretting that I even moved. My head feels like exploding. I heard someone grunt behind me and saw Lee also sitting up.

"Hey, why are you up? Let's go back to sleep." He said, pulling me down with him as he lay down again.

"My head hurts." I said. "Mine too." And we went back to sleep after that, to just be woke up with a phone ringing. The ringing feels like 10x louder inside my head, and I just want to throw it to stop. I slapped Lee's arm to wake him up. He instantly went out of bed and took his phone to answer it.

"Hello? Yes Mom?" He said. Wait, his mom? "Yes I'll be there. She's with me. No, nothing happened! I know, I know. I love you too Mom. Bye!" He ended the call and sat on the edge of his bed. "Hey baby wake up."

"I'm up. Good morning handsome." I said.

"My mom wants to meet you." My jaw dropped. I suddenly sat up and said to him, "No, not like this. I look.. Wasted."

"You look beautiful."

"No Riley, no." I saw his shoulders slump, he knows that he cannot force me and I'm scared to have a fight with him again. Okay, I know I am going to regret this but hey, no need to be afraid right?

"But, can you ask her if I can stay with you guys this summer?"

Lee flashed his million dollar smile, and I think it melted my heart in ways I could never imagine. He kissed me hard and picked me up, I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms on his neck.