9

No. I can't. I am absolutely finished with all this death so close to my own home. I know that I have no power to stop it, but I'm just so sick of it. I paced back and forth in my living room. I didn't know what to do. I just needed someone to talk to, so I called Seulgi. The phone rang a few times, but went straight to voicemail. What could she be doing that she would miss a call from me?
    Horrible thoughts flooded my mind. What if she was at that gala too, and she got killed? I shook my head and wiped that thought away. Who else could I go to? Ms. Kim instantly popped into my head. I decided to throw some shoes on and go see her. I made it to her office, (which was on the 1st floor and I lived on the 8th. And I took the stairs. Fun.) and saw a little note on the door saying that Ms. Kim was out on family business. Just great. I turned around and walked back up the stairs. Then, I saw the mailboxes. 'I should probably grab my mail before the box gets too full.' I thought. I opened my box and looked through the mail.
"Junk, junk, possible scam and more junk." I said to myself. Just then, I found an unmarked envelope. I was about to throw it away until I saw a familiar logo. A red shield with rose thorns and a single rose in the middle. I almost dropped the damn thing.
No.
It couldn't be.
I covered my tracks too well, it would've been impossible to trace me.
I panicked, dropped the envelope and booked it up the stairs. At last, I got to my floor. 'I need to-.' My thoughts were interrupted as I crashed into someone.
"Ah! S-Sorry!" I apologized.
"Charlotte? Why were you running?"
I looked up to see a stunned Namjoon.
"Oh, I was just, uh, getting my daily exercise in!" I said.
"In flats?" He asked quizzically.
"I couldn't find my jogging shoes." I said.
He made an 'Oh I see.' face.
"Well, I should get going." Said Namjoon.
"Oh, well, bye!" I said and scooted past him. Once I got into the apartment, I started playing 'Trauma' by Seventeen. I started dancing to the beat. Now, when you hear the word dancing, you think of someone cool and fluid with their movements. But when I dance, I look like a fish who needed water. Arms flailing all over the place. I looked like a total dork, but I loved it. I danced to some other songs, like 'Hero' by Monsta X, and 'Ddu-du ddu-du' by BlackPink. I danced until I looked at the clock.
You know when you see those tv shows where one of the characters is looking for 'Carl', and then 'Carl' appears and asks them what they were looking for, and then the other character says "oh hey Carl, I'm just looking for Carl." And then the other guy finally realizes that he found Carl?

That's what happened to me.

I looked at the time and was like, 'Oh, it's 4:00.' and kinda kept dancing. And then I remembered that I had classes today. "CRAP ITS 4:00!" I said as I threw on my shoes and raced out the door.

==Namjoon=POV==
After I walked past Charlotte, I continued down the stairs. I got to the lobby, and noticed something on the floor near the mail boxes. It was an unmarked envelope. The only thing that was on it was a red shield surrounded by thorns with a single rose in the middle. What was this doing here? I picked it up and put it in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and dialed Yoongi's number.
    "What." He answered.
    "Hey, you know any companies whos logo is a shield with thorns and a rose in the middle?" I asked.
Silence.
    "Hello?" I asked again.
    "Where did you find it."
    "Find what?"
    "The envelope."
    "How'd you know it was an envelope?"
    "Because I picked up our mail earlier, and we've got the same one." He said.
It finally clicked. I knew exactly who sent this envelope. I hung up with Yoongi and called another number. A number I'd swear I'd never call again. The phone rang three times, before someone answered.
    "Why, Hello Namjoon. It's been a while.
I knew who's voice that was. I never wanted to hear it again, but I needed to know why he sent this thing to us, and apparently, someone else in the building.
    "Namjoon...." He said.
    "What."
    "You never said hello to me~."
I rolled my eyes.
    "Hello."
Silence. I sighed again.

"Jackson."

A/N:
Well hello! Yeah I've been gone. Just a little unmotivated, that's all. I hoped you like this new chapter!

-L