Disk 6: Alight

"Come on! Get your asses off the floor and do some push ups!" The trainees scampered from their position after Vent's orders. Cielle huffed out a tired sigh before pushing herself up. The trainees were confused as to why a commander was training with them. She just grinned at them.

"What? I can't just simply forget my roots now should I?" Vent smirked at her. She truly was his favorite student but of course, he would never admit it. He never did. Despite him telling her that there was no need, she still insisted on taking trainings like this every now and then. Not to boast but to help her body remember her goal. It will always be to find her brother and Michael.

'I will not lose sight of it. Even if I get caught up in this Game of Destiny.' She thought. The blonde guardian quickly finished off her training. It was still as heavy as she remembered. Vent's exercises always included weaponry afterwards. This time, she will try to use a rapier to get a good grip of other weapons. Though she failed at them for the previous years, there was no way that she will give up on it. The other trainees were the same. Many despised her for joining their training because they always thought that she was showing off, but there might have been a little respect within them. It lit the fire within them.

"Tch. That woman is an annoyance." One sneered. Cielle heard them and was saddened that even after all those years, some had not accepted her.

"Alright. Let's verse with one another. Pair up!" Vent ordered. Immediately, everybody paired up. She was left with no one other than Vent himself. She was scared to face him actually because she knew that he was better than her. He was her mentor after all.

"Hey, Vent. It looks like I have to spar with you."

"Yeah. Get some back bone, Cielle. You're legs are shaking too much." He smirked. Cielle took a deep breath and gulped loudly. Her hands were clammy and her hands shook a little.

"You're right. I'll show no mercy." She whispered. The blonde readied her rapier and focused her eyes on the target. In a blink of an eye, Cielle disappeared from her position while Vent watched out for her attack. He blocked her attack which annoyed her. Vent turned around and swung his sword around.

"Not enough." Their swords clashed together as their speed increased. Most of the trainees paused and watched them spar at an inhuman pace. Cielle already received numerous cuts on her body while Vent only had a few that she was lucky to even get. Panting a little, she quickly dashed towards the weaponry section and grabbed a halberd. Vent smirked.

"Getting serious are we?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." She murmured. She ran towards the right and used the walls as leverage to jump over him and brought down her halberd for a slice. The commander immediately blocked it with his sword but her weight was one factor that made it difficult for an offensive attack. She jumped back and went underneath to attack his chest. Vent was taken aback by the sudden force and flew towards the wall denting it a little. He wiped the blood that trailed his chin before grabbing his gun.

"You want to go all out? Then I will as well." His voice chilled the whole room and most of the trainees wanted to escape the newly seemed hell. She was not deterred and quickly rushed to him to slice him up. Vent received cuts on his cheeks, arms and legs. They were not that deep but still enough for blood to flow out. Cielle, on the other hand, had bruises on her arms and cuts on her arms and legs. Her body was already protesting but something in her snapped.

'There are things you are not telling me. I'm already involved but I will find the answers one way or another.' She thought. Vent pursed his lips tightly before they clashed once more. It was not a light spar anymore but a test of wills. Just when their weapons clanged against each other, a bright light from their vests was emitted. Both their eyes widened at the discovery.