Disk 14: Second Clue - Druid

It was midnight when Cielle suddenly woke up. She noticed her necklace shining on top of her desk and a map suddenly appeared. There was a visible red spot near a bay, more specifically, the Elvan Bay which was known for its white sand and colorful coral reefs. Sleep made her groggy, but she forced her self to wake up and use the satellite view to see if there was something in the area. Hacking the surveillance camera was not that difficult, but erasing one's trace was challenging considering that it was under the government's property. What she saw was a group of galleons scouting the area while delivering a capsule.

"What the hell is that capsule for?" She muttered. She followed their movements until they got deep down the ocean using a submarine. Whatever the enemies were doing, she was sure that it was not good. Quickly, she woke Model I and went to the transporter. It was dangerous to go alone, but this was not an activity recorded in the database. She would have to go back before morning which was in 6 hours.

"Ionis. I need you to help me with something. I received an anomaly alert in Elvan Bay. There was a capsule being delivered below using a submarine. My necklace, which I'm sure had something to do with the data disks, was also responding to it." She explained. Ionis knew that it was a dire situation but going alone was far too dangerous.

"You are still recovering and you already want to add more injuries to your body? Are you insane?" He asked. Cielle scratched her cheek in embarrassment. It was not actually her plan to get injured every time she goes to a mission. It just cannot be helped especially when her enemies were stronger and great in numbers than her.

"We will try to finish it as fast as we can. If ever we cannot finish it, we will return and report it anonymously to the base so that we can take it again. How does that sound?" She negotiated. Ionis looked at her in disdain before agreeing. The only thing he could do now was to aid and protect her.

The two reached Elvan Bay within half an hour. She quickly merged with Model I. The galleons were guarding even the coast, and she knew that below, there were also some shrimpstroke, an underwater mechaniloid designed to sense its target using their antenna. If they were near the coast, she would be detected easily. She would have to manipulate the tides away from her location before diving in.

"Ionis? We have the appropriate gear for this one right?" She nervously asked. He told her that she would not have to worry about a single thing because whenever they merge together, her body is already protected in accordance with its environment. Sighing in relief, she materialized her halberd and chipped in an ice attack. Dipping it in the water, ice formed to which she used to harden the water below but not the upper portion in order not to alert the galleons. It was arduous but had to do it. Afterward, she dove down and lightened the seafloor. It was difficult to move when your biometal is not designed for water attributes. Soon, they reached the place where the submarine rested.

"We need to upgrade you to suit the aquatic environment, but for now, let's see what that capsule is all about," Cielle muttered. They entered the cave without alerting any Mavericks. As they walked deeper, the temperature continued to drop and scaling became quite difficult. Ahead of her, there were automated doors that she could hack in to. She did and was amazed by the mass of cyber elves they had garnered. It was, however, pitiful to see them be used as some kind of battery.

"We should add this to the list. If we proceed further, we might get to see that capsule you're talking about." Ionis said. Just then, the land shook and she had to dodge some of the stalactites that fell down. The galleons were alerted and they quickly scouted the area for any intruder or mishap. Cielle clicked her tongue in irritation before playing hide and seek with them. It was after then that they found the capsule she saw on the footage. It was not just one capsule though. There were two of them, and it contained reploid bodies. The names were PRM-002 and PND-002, and one more noticeable thing about them was the word "Model W" etched on top. She suspected that those two bodies might have been associated with the corrupted biometal.

"Let's see here. The data port should be around here—There! Now, it's time to set this up. Ionis, I'm not sure if these bodies can corrupt you, but I don't want you to come in contact with these capsules. I will gather the data through my laptop and analyze them thoroughly." She ordered. Her biometal was quite worried about what she would be doing, but Ionis knew that Cielle's intention was for the others' benefit.

The blonde transporter was anxious. It was far too easy for her to gather data. There must a trap waiting for them considering that the enemies were not that easy to bait. Just before she could finish downloading the reploids' data, the capsules started to open and the bodies were activated. The good thing was that according to the data, they seem to have lost their memories. The bad thing is that despite their memory loss, their bloodlust was at high alert.

'Shit. This is bad. I have to get out of here before they see me.' She thought. Quickly, she rushed behind the stalagmites and ran towards the exit. She was about to reach it when she felt a terrifying aura behind her. It was the two reploids already behind her. Without any defense up, she was hit behind by the man's scythe. Pain coursed through her body as she gasped for air. Blood trickled down and her body staggered to keep balance.

'Cielle! Dodge, quick!' Model I warned. Like a puppet, her body moved to dodge the crystals that erected from the ground due to the woman's attack. Her biometal tried to heal the wound while Cielle tried to find her ground. With finally having her focus back, she took out her sword and changed its element before attacking. The man dodged while the woman defended herself using a forcefield. She clicked her tongue in irritation before feeling the presence of the man. Quickly, she kicked his scythe before it can land on her.

"Hmph. What an insolent scum. This can actually prove to be fun, don't you think, Pandora?" The man rejoiced.

"Maybe, but Prometheus, we ought to exit this area and find him soon." She reminded. Prometheus scoffed before turning to Cielle. He told her that this was just a warm greeting and that they will meet again, but next time, it will be for the kill.

When they disappeared, the blonde transporter dropped to the ground and heaved a heavy sigh. The pain was awful combined with those that she just got from her recent mission. Model I worked on her wounds and healed it as much as he could. She would have to have it checked soon before infections could damage it more.

"Things get more and more complicated, Ionis. Everything... I know that everything regarding Michael is connected to this. I'm sure that Aile and Vent already have some background on this. This curiosity is killing me, and I don't know what to do." She muttered under her breath. Model I, at this point, did not know what to say. There were too many things that needed answers yet the only thing that they could get were fragments.

Three Days Later
Elvan Bay Mission: Crisis Zone

'I can't believe that I will be back here because of some Maverick crisis. There movement is so random that I am not sure what this cave- Wait, I think I know why they are here.' Cielle thought. The Elvan Bay possessed strong energy below its waters, and it was just a recent discovery by the geologists. It was probably what they were after.

After scouting the area and defeating mechaniloids and the likes, she was able to reach the end of the cave. It led to an underground sinkhole. She dropped down and scanned the area. It was then that the current spiked up and appeared a jellyfish-based pseudoroid. Its tentacles grabbed Cielle and slammed her to the wall. It hurt but Model I tried to numb it as much as he could. She activated her halberd and pulled out a chip. It was an electric-flame type one that could cause serious damage to the enemy. She slashed down its tentacles which caused it to roar in pain. It sneered at her.

"You insolent fool! How dare you hurt Druid!? You will pay for that!" The tentacles regrew and Cielle immediately swam away from them. The water slowed down her body, but she did her best to dodge them. Ionis noticed that the bottom of the pseudoroid was always open so he alerted his partner about that fact. She nodded and slashed the tendrils before dashing towards the said area. She charged up her weapon and stroke it. The system of the pseudoroid malfunctioned and it roared in pain.

"To be defeated so easily~ AHHHHHH!" A huge explosion made a hole beside the sink hole and caused the current to quicken. Ionis told her to tap the switch he saw earlier. She did and an old teleporter appeared to which she utilized. The data chip from the pseudoroid was, of course, retrieved safely.

"Let us read this second clue once we return, Ionis. We will get to the bottom of this." She uttered.

=END=