Chapter 15

The weekend had gone by to fast for Emma's taste. It was already Monday again, however the day had gone by fairly quickly. She was in her last period, which was band class. Emma was third chair clarinet, her conductor had just told everyone to start packing up because the bell was about to ring.

Emma waited by the door with some other band students, but when the bell rang everyone quickly exited the room to get to their cars and busses.

Emma found her green bug and got in it quickly, trying to avoid student traffic. She successfully got out onto the main road before the traffic got bad. Emma sat back in her seat, the drive home was only about fifteen minutes.

She was about to merge into another lane but when she looked in her rear view mirror she saw a man starring back at her.

Before Emma could scream, the man quickly grabbed the steering wheel with one hand and put his hand over her mouth with the other.

"Don't scream, just drive, do as I say and you won't get hurt." The man ordered, Emma nodded as tears filled her eyes, the man let go of the wheel and sat back.

"Take the highway west, don't do anything funny" he said and watched her. Taking the highway was the opposite direction to home, Emma couldn't stop trembling and her tears flowed down her cheeks but she did what the man asked.

"Wh-what do y-you want with m-m-me?" Emma struggled to speak.

"Nothing, my master asked me to fetch you because you are close to the Electus, no harm will come to you as long as you obey."

"Electus?" Emma asked confused, the man stared at her in the mirror for a second, his deep blue eyes showed confusion of their own.

"The girl named Emily, you do live with her, don't you?" He asked, Emma nodded her head.

"Ye-yeah, that's my sister" the mans eyes widened for a second, then he looked out at the road.

"No more talking" was all he said and Emma focused on driving. All she could think about was what had Emily gotten herself into and where this man was taking her.

                     **********

"Emi, do you know where your sister is?" Olivia asked her daughter, Emily shook her head.

"No, did she go to her study group thing?"

"They cancelled it for today and shes almost an hour late, maybe I should give her a call" Olivia pulled out her cell phone and walked down the hall into her office.

Emily leaned her head on Devon's shoulder, their arms and hands intertwined as they watched a movie on the tv together. They had decided on leaving tomorrow evening, telling her mother and sister the news yesterday hadn't been the best, Emma really put up a fight but Olivia had been somewhat content about it. Maybe she realized it was dangerous for the two to be there, just like Devon had.

Olivia came out into the living room looking extremely worried.

"She's not picking up her phone, what could she be doing?" Liv said clutching the phone to her chest, Emily stood up from the couch and walked over to her mother.

"Mom, she might have forgotten about the study group cancelling and went to the library"

"Then why isn't she answering? I called four times" Olivia looked down at her phone. "I'm going to call Henry"

"What? Why?" Emily asked confused.

"Because, if something bad has happened, he can find her." She put the phone up to her ear and walked back down the hallway. Emily looked over at Devon who mirrored her worried expression.

Where is Emma?

**********

"Get out of the car" the man said sternly, holding Emma's driver side door open. Emma slowly unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of her bug, doing her best not to shake in fear.

"If you have a phone, give it to me now" he glared at her, Emma did a short nod and reached into the car. She unzipped the front pocket of her book bag and grabbed her phone. She saw that her mother had called her four times, she had put her phone on silent during band class.

Emma stepped back and faced the man, giving him her phone. She looked slightly behind him at the building they were in front of. It was wide and looked like it had at least six floors due to the rows of windows Emma could see. The building was a dark, metallic color, each of the windows were so tinted they looked black, even the front doors were tinted. The glow of the soon to be setting sun shined onto the right side of the building, somehow making it look even darker.

"Walk" The man commanded and pointed to the double front doors. Emma looked up at him for a second before moving her feet. He looked like he was in his late twenties, he had dark blond hair half slicked back that lightly brushed his broad shoulders and dazzling ocean blue eyes.

Emma started to walk towards the building, doing her best to take deep breaths.

'It'll be okay, I'm fine, he said he won't hurt me as long as I do what he says'

Emma tried to reassure herself, she hoped desperately the cops would come looking for her soon.

They reached the doors, the man walked over to the side where a keypad was attached to the metal frame. He put in a four digit code and the door clicked. He gestured for Emma to open it and took a step back.

Emma pushed on the door and felt a cold breeze smack her in the face. The inside of the building was pretty chilly and looked as dark as it did on the outside.

The room they entered into sort of looked like a hotel lobby. The floors were black vinyl, with matching black leather chairs and couches. Above the middle of the room, hanging from the ceiling was a circle of what looked like miniature chandeliers. There was a bar in the back and a few pool tables, along with a large flat screen tv that hung on the wall. Some people were either sitting at the bar or playing pool, everyone looked up when the two walked in the door.

"Hey Elijah, what did you do, bring a snack?" A beefy looking man by one of the pool tables said, he had somewhat tan skin and dark hair. Emma shivered at the way his almost black eyes starred at her.

"Shut up Drake" Elijah said from behind Emma, he lightly pushed her in the direction of the elevators on the side of the large room. She made her feet move and did her best to keep her eyes locked on the black floor.

Everyone in the room kept their eyes on the two as they walked by, Emma didn't notice that many of those eyes were a deep red.