Chapter 8

Hi guys! I'm so sorry this story is taking forever to update. I (Cris) kind of have huge writers block right now and idk what to continue with this story....um I do wanna continue more but I don't know what else to write right now lol so sorry if this chapter may be shorter than the others. Okay, well I'll stop ranting and just let you read this chapter....hopefully it's good....ummm....okay enjoy!

~Cris

--------------------------------------------

Cris's POV

I woke up in Josh's arms and turned over a bit. Grace was no longer snuggled in her corner of the bed.

I got up slowly and walked around the house to find her. I checked the guest room and she's not there. I checked the washroom and she's not there. Finally I go downstairs and check the TV room where I find her sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Morning auntie Cris!" Grace smiles up at me. "Morning Gracie!" I smiled and sat down beside her. She hugged me softly when I sat down on the couch beside her.

Grace and I sat there and watched TV for a little while and then we heard Josh come down the stairs.

"Morning girls!" Josh smiled as he plopped himself onto the couch right beside me and then wrapped his arms around me pulling me backwards on top of him. "Morning Joshie!" I smiled and turned my head to kiss him. "Morning uncle Josh!" Grace smiled from the other side of the couch.

We all sat there watching TV together for a while. Grace is cuddled up on one side of the couch with a pillow and Josh is sitting with me in his lap and his arms around me on the other side of the couch.

Eventually we all got hungry so we made and ate some breakfast. "Auntie Cris. Uncle Josh." Grace said as we are finishing up washing the few dishes we'd used. "Yes Gracie." We replied. "Can we go visit Danno today?" She asked us. "Of course Grace. Finish drying that cup and then go get ready we are going as soon as we're all ready!" Josh smiled to Grace. "Okay!" Grace replied and then finished drying her cup and then ran upstairs to get ready.

Josh and I did the same and soon we're all ready to go. We get into the car and drive to the hospital. We finally pull into the parking lot and then once the car is parked we get out and go find the floor Danny is on.

We get to the nurses desk and ask her if we can see him. She lets us and then we make our way to his room.

I walk in first then Grace, and Josh follows last. "Danno!!" Grace shouted and ran to her dads bedside and hugged him. "Hey monkey!" He smiled and hugged his daughter. Danny, Josh, and I shared our hellos and then we all sat around and talked for a while. Eventually, the nurses said we had to leave and so we all said our goodbyes and were off.

The nurses also told us that Danny will be let out either tomorrow or the next day at the latest so on the whole way home we heard Grace talking about how excited she is for her dad to be home, but of course made it known that she absolutely loves staying with us and would do it anytime again, just she misses her dad, which Josh and I completely understand.

"Auntie Cris. Uncle Josh. Can we go to the mall please?" Grace asked as we are driving. Josh and I shared a glance and agreed to it then we drove there.

Josh pulled the car into a parking spot and we all got out and went into the mall. Grace is hungry so we went to get food first. We all bought our lunches and then sat down in the food court to eat it. When we were done we followed Grace around shopping.

"Guys, I'm gonna run to the washroom. I'll be right back!" I smiled and kissed Josh softly on the lips before walking off in the direction of the rest rooms.