Valentines?

A.n ENJOY THIS PHOTO OF MY DOG AND THE BOOK.. Btw angsty and a lil sad but its all good in the end

Veronica's POV

God, it's Valentine's Day. Please kill me. Everyone's locker except mine is stuffed with letters or things. Ugh. As much as I love Madison, I should probably let her go. It's for the best.

After class I walk up to her and, being the worst person, I say these words.

"We have to break up. I'm sorry."

She just looks at me with a shocked and heartbroken look for a few seconds, before dropping something and running away.

I just gaze off into the distance for a second, before picking up what she's dropped. It's a decorated heart card? I'm confused as to why she was holding thi-...... Oh.

It hits me like a brick. It was for me. Wow. As my old friend would say "Ya played yourself!". And I have. Shit shit shit. Fuck fuck fuck. Shit fuck shit fuck fuck. This is really bad.

I'm the worst person ever. Oh my gosh, I suck so much that I broke up with someone on Valentine's Day. Well... This is fun. Please kill me.

Madison C's POV

I'm running down the halls like Sonic. Madison D and Madison M see me, and I explain everything while being a sobbing wreck. How I lied that I was dating a guy, how I love Veronica. They understand and are very supportive.

I suddenly realize that I've dropped the gift somewhere. Shit shit shit, Fuck fuck fuck. I'm screwed if Veronica finds that. She's going to be heart broken. I feel so bad now, but she broke up with me. On Valentine's Day, of all days.

Now I feel like a jerk, I don't know why. I was going to express my love to her, but instead she breaks up with me. I don't even know why! She didn't tell me! This makes no sense. I'm worried.

I'm still sobbing, but quieter now. The Madison's are making sure I have tissues and chocolates. I'm glad to be friends with them. Suddenly Madison M tightens her grip on me and Madison D stands up.

I hear a muffled conversation through my silent sobs, and looking up, I see Veronica.

"Please, I need to talk to her!"

"No, you broke her heart!"

Veronica looks like she's on the verge of tears. The last bell rings just as she looks over at me.

"I'll talk to her. Alone. Thanks for comforting me, guys. I'm lucky to have friends like you."

I motion for her to follow me and we head out to my car. She looks a bit surprised, like she thought I didn't know how to drive.

We hopped in the car and drove for what seemed like eternity. It was sunset when we reached our destination. 

A lovely ombré of red, orange, yellow and pink flooded the sky as I asked her,

"Why did you break up with me?"

There was a silence, and I don't know if she heard it too, but I may have left my music on in the car.

"Because. I've never really been in a relationship before, and I'm too scared of hurting you, or hurting myself."

"You don't have to be scared. The Madison's and I will always be here for you."

She heard the music and I went to turn it off, but had a better idea. I turned it up.

"May I have this dance?"

She nodded and we twirled around clumsily for too short of a time. Eventually, we twirled closer and closer, until eventually we were face to face.

"U-uhm.."

I leaned in and we kissed.

"Does this mean we're a 'us' again?"

"If you want to be, I'd love to."

"Yes!"

We found a bench right near the car, leaving the music on as the sky grew darker. And we just stayed like that until we were too cold.

------------
a.n OKAY DONE that took too long you are welcome! I'll be in California from next Tuesday until a couple weeks later. edit ; it was supposed to be like rlly calming at the end idk if it was but I TRIED.