Chapter 17 - Maybe she thought there was a bug.

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

Bonnie waited for Aella to tell her no, tonight was about Stefan, not them. But then Aella stood up from the bed.

"Well..." Aella smirked looking around her room when she saw what she wanted, she headed to her bed, and picked up one of her many pillows. "If we're going to reveal this secret of ours, we may as well do it in style."

She ripped open her pillow, allowing all the feathers inside to fall onto her bed. As Bonnie watched her in confusion, she ran over to her dresser and opened the draw pulling out candles of all different sizes and colors, placing them around the room.

Bonnie raised her eyebrow in humor, "What are you doing?"

Aella sniggered, looking over her shoulder, "Showing them how cool magic is, so it doesn't freak them out, well Elena; Caroline knows I'm a witch."

"Okay," Bonnie nodded, going to the drawer and pulling out the remaining few candles. "Why do you have so many candles?"

"Some shop had a closing down sale a few months ago," Aella shrugged, arranging her candles. "Each one fifty cents. Caroline bought half, and I bought the other half."

Bonnie smiled, wiping the wax from her hands after placing the final candles, "Done."

Aella walked over to Bonnie and looked around the room, lips pursed, "It's missing something."

Suddenly, Aella jumped, giggling at her thoughts, making her cousin jump. She ran to the corner of her room and pulled her childhood stuffed animals and dolls from the chair, placing them on the end of her bed and arranging them, so they were looking through the bars at the bottom of her bed.

"Perfect!"

Bonnie looked at her bemusedly, "It's this Elemental stuff because I have no clue what they-" she motioned to the toys "-could be for?"

Aella smiled fondly, "I honestly don't know, it's something my mom and dad used to do to get me to sleep at night."

Bonnie reached out and squeezed her cousin's hand, "Then it must be cool because aunt and uncle were awesome."

"Of course they were," Aella smiled back, heading to her door. "After all, they had me!"

As Aella left the room, Bonnie groaned to herself, following her cousin, "I walked right into that one."

..............................................

..............................................​

"Caroline! Elena! Come up here!" Aella yelled from the top of the stairs and quickly pushed Bonnie back into her room.

"She better not be wearing her pajamas," Bonnie and Aella heard Caroline muttered as she and Elena climbed the stairs.

"Wouldn't surprise me, or Jenna, if she does," Elena muttered back.

"No trust," Aella shook her head at Bonnie.

Caroline was first to enter the room and gasped at Aella's outfit, "I love it!"

Elena followed her in and smiled at Aella's outfit, too, "Lovely."

"Thank you," Aella smiled, curtsying at them.

Caroline then frowned, pointing down at her feet, "Those I do not love!"

Aella pouted at her animal slippers, smiling at their cuteness, "The slippers stay, I have cold toes!"

"Just accept it, Caroline," Elena chuckled, sitting on Aella's bed next to Bonnie, frowning at the feathers. "Stefan's got to learn who the real Aella is."