Decision

"Khan?" James was slightly taken aback by McCoy's suggestion.

"He's the only one on board this ship who might be able to help." McCoy replied.

"No, not a chance." The Captain responded.

"Come one Jim, you're living proof of what his blood alone can do!" the Doctor argued.

"Who is to say that he'll even agree to help?" James objected.

"He has no choice, Captains orders." Doctor McCoy replied.

The Captain turned to a crew member passing and ordered him to find John Harrison, as he was being officially referred to as on board the Enterprise. Referring to him as "Khan" alone would reek havoc. James instructed the  man to escort Harrison back to Med-Bay once he had been found.

"I hope your right Bones." James confessed.

"So do I Jim, so do I." McCoy replied.

With Doctor McCoy having occupied himself with another patient while waiting on Khan arriving, Captain Kirk stood alone watching over his younger sibling's unconscious body, he felt riddled with guilt. He was meant to protect his crew members and ensure no harm comes their way and he had failed. Jane had been on the ship no longer than two days and had landed unconscious on a slab in the Enterprise Medical Bay.

"Excuse me, Captain Kirk?" A voice called.

Distracting him from his guilty conscious was another medical crew member, she was tall and skinny but just slightly shorter than himself, pale faced with long blonde hair tied back in a pony tail. He recognised her.

"Yes?" The Captain replied.

"Hi." She smiled, "My name is Rose Cayne. We meg briefly before but Jane and I were at the academy together. I was wondering do you know if Jane's going to be okay?"

Yes, thats how he recognised her. She was Jane's friend who he'd been introduced to at a party before but m never spoke to before now. He knew Jane and her were good friends. James recognised that she looked truly concerned by his silence and chose his words carefully.

"Yes, shes fine. As far as Doctor McCoy can tell. Theirs no internal damage barely a scratch on her, shes breathing fine, everything's fine. She just hasn't woken yet. Apart from that she is in fact fine." Kirk smiled at Jane's concerned friend.

"I've been distracted. When I heard, I immediately thought the worst had happened. Thank God she's fine though." Rose stroked a strand of hair from Janes face. "Shes stubborn, but she'll come around. I hope."

"Nurse Cayne I could use your assistance over here." Doctor McCoy called for Rose to help out.

Rose gave her Captain a reassuring smile before turning to assist Doctor McCoy.

Just as James took a seat in the chair beside the hospital bed that Jane was lying in, the doors that led from the outside corridor into the Medical Bay slid open. A medical crew member walked in with Khan walking firmly behind him. Khan's cold eyes scanned the Medical Bay before meeting the Captain's own gaze.

"Captain." The man assigned to retrieve Khan addressed James. "Lieutenant John Harrison as you asked for."