Day 9 (Part 2)

Alejandro sighed in relaxation as the steam rose up around us. I’ve been pretty grumpy after this whole Duncan thing, but even I felt completely relaxed submerged in this hot tub.

He and I were sitting in the hot tub that was outside the front of the spa hotel, I’ve never gotten much use out of it until now, and it couldn’t be a better time, I need to de-stress.

“Ahh, this is the life” He sighed in happiness. “The life I deserve, the life I will have! After I win the million dollars”

“Um, you were runner up last season, no way are you going to win” I said to him. “If anything I should win because this season has sucked for me”

“Didn’t you win season two?” He pointed out.

“I’m having a bad couple of days, just let me live this fantasy”

The spa hotel butler came by the hot tub and gave Alejandro and I two drinks, “Butler, would you like to hear a story about me?” The butler started to walk off but Alejandro continued on with his self-centered story.

“I was born a, beautiful man,” Alejandro started.

“Hey roomies!” I looked up to see Chris with a towel around him standing by the end of the hot tub. “Oh good lord” I muttered.

“Since my house got destroyed it looks like I’ll be staying here!” Chris told us, Alejandro and I just glared at him. “Ugh, I’m going through such shit right now, the last thing I need is you rooming with us” I said in an angry voice.

“Hey, it’s no fun for me either, I lost everything!” Chris whipped off his towel to reveal nothing underneath, he threw the towel at Alejandro while the both of us yelled at this sight. Chris jumped into the water with us “Including my swim trunks”

“Alright, that’s it, I’m done, I’m out!” I said getting out of the tub quickly. Alejandro followed “Right behind you!”

We both changed once inside and were still shuddering at the sight of Chris in all his glory. “Ah, que frio!” Alejandro spoke in Spanish.

“Hey, I told you I don’t get Spanish” I said to him.

“If I win this time the first thing I’m buying you is Rosetta Stone” He said as we walked down the hallway together.

“Don’t bother, I’ll just ask you kindly to speak in English around me” I said. We came across a doorway at the end of the hall with a blue light gleaming out of it. “Que? What have we here?” Alejandro said. I glared at him “Don’t push me today”

“Oh come on, you don’t even know que?”

“Is it what?” I guessed, I had some recollection of learning that in school. “Very good my little chica chorra”

“If you just insulted me we’re gonna have a real problem” I glared at him.

“Never mind that, let’s just go investigate this mysterious room nobody’s ever come across” He said leading me to it. The room was filled with TV’s and computers showing images of the island. I guess Chris already moved his headquarters in here when nobody was watching.

“So this is how Chris knows all” Alejandro said peering around the room.

We both walked around looking at all the monitors and electronics that watch us all the time. I came across a box sitting on the desk against the wall opposite the door, it had several disks in it “Check this out” I said to Alejandro.

“All the footage since we arrived here?” He picked one up. “Hmm, Mal’s greatest hits”

“Did you just say Mal?!” I snatched the disc out of his hand. “How interesting” Alejandro said. “We have to see this” I told him putting it in the DVD player that sat above us.