Day 4

I slept soundly on my bunk. It was raining outside, and listening to the pitter-patter of the drops hitting the roof of the cabin helped me fall asleep.

It was either focus on rain drops, or remember Courtney’s in the bunk next to me and Duncan’s not on my team anymore, stress out like crazy, and get no sleep.

Eventually though, I did find sleep, and I was in a happy little dream world where none of this was happening.

That is until our cabin door was kicked open and Chef came in throwing us our breakfast-which was disgusting gruel of course.

“AHH! Ew!” Courtney yelled as it hit her.

“CHEF! I am so not in the mood for this right now!” I yelled sitting up in bed. I mean I’m in a room with Courtney, Heather, and Gwen, isn’t that punishment enough!?

Courtney coughed and went over to the door, opening it to reveal Scott. “You gonna finish your gruel?” He asked her.

“What? No, gross!” Courtney said.

“You can have everything that landed on me” I said shaking it off my blanket and getting out of bed to get it off my face and out of my hair.

“Help yourself” Courtney said. Scott picked up the gruel off Courtney’s hair and took a bite out of it. I made a face “Gruel is disgusting enough, but Courtney-hair-infested gruel?” I shuddered “Even worse”

“You clean up real nice!” Scott said to Courtney. I made a little gagging sound, was he flirting with her?

He walked off and Courtney stared wide eyed at the open door. ““Aw, crushing on Scott princess?” I mocked her.

She glared and slammed the cabin door. “Shut up AlexANDER!”

I smiled and sighed “Ah, I sure did miss that name”

I continued to clean myself off the best I could, then I got dressed and headed outside to the spa hotel.

Duncan had texted me the night before saying to come sneak in around the back in the morning for some edible breakfast. The only plus side of him being on the opposite team is now he can smuggle me some gourmet food.

I threw a hoodie on and headed towards the door, but the horrible shrill voice of my nemesis stopped me “Where are you going?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” I turned to face Courtney.

“Well it’s pouring outside and breakfasts served in here so where do you have to go?” She asked.

“To see my fiancé; ooh does that still hurt to hear? That you and Duncan have no chance, ever?” I poked her shoulder.

She rolled her eyes “Oh please, I’m over that stupid criminal”

“Oh yeah I forgot, you’re in love with Scott now!” I mocked her.

“Shut up! I don’t love anybody!”

“Shocker” I said sarcastically “I’m leaving now”

“Wait! You can’t go and see Duncan; he’s on the opposite team. What if you’re telling him stuff about our team!” Courtney accused.

I sighed in annoyance “You seriously think I would spend my time spilling our already non-existent secrets to Duncan when I could just, I don’t know, hang out with him normally?”

“Sorry you’re not trustworthy” Courtney shrugged easily.

“Ha! Says the most backstabbing person I’ve ever met. I’m leaving now and eating a tasty breakfast with my fiancé. Don’t hold up!” I said about to leave.