Day 5

Winning and spending the time in between challenges in this beautiful spa hotel is the best reward Chris has given since the third season in the first class compartment.

All that being said though, I still wish Duncan could be on my team and enjoy all of this with me. Those cabins suck and I feel sorry for anyone who has to spend a few days in there. Except Courtney, Courtney could get locked in there for all I care.

I rolled around on my bed listening to music. I was bored out of my mind; it wasn’t like I had that many choices of people to hang out with. Gwen and Courtney are in enemy territory, Heather is Heather, I think she speaks for herself, then we have Scott who’s being tortured on Boney Island as we speak, and finally Alejandro.

I wouldn’t mind spending time with Alejandro, but him and Heather are usually following each other around. So that left me, rolling around on my bed in boredom.

Gwen was in the girls room sitting on her bed which was opposite mine. She was busy writing away in her journal. As long as she wasn’t bothering me I couldn’t care less what she does.

Courtney came into the room from downstairs, then stepped out onto the balcony and leaned on the railing without saying a word to either Gwen or I. You gotta love the tension in this room.

I sat up and pulled my head phones out, when there’s nothing to do and no one to hang out with, you gotta make the best of what you have.

I got up and went towards the balcony door. “Where are you going?” Gwen asked, looking up from her writing.

“To go annoy Princess”

“Why?” Gwen asked again.

“Because I just rolled around on my bed listening to music for an hour and a half and I’m miserably bored. Getting a rise out of Courtney is always pretty entertaining” I quickly went out onto the balcony before Gwen could spit out another question.

Courtney sighed leaning on the railing of the balcony. The sky was almost completely dark and the crickets were out and about making all the noise in the world.

“I feel like I’m missing something, but what? What could it possibly be?”

“A heart? Good looks? A decent personality?” I asked walking a few feet from her. She glared at me “What do you want?”

I shrugged “I’m bored, I figured bothering you would give me some entertainment”

She rolled her eyes and stared out at the sky “Just leave me alone, I’m not in the mood to fight with you”

Well that was a first, maybe there is something wrong with her. A bird flew down on a branch near us and sounded a lot like Scotts obnoxious laugh.

She gasped again “Scott! I actually miss that scuzball! I wonder how he’s doing on Boney Island”

“Probably getting mauled by bears” I said simply.

“Shut up!”

“Ooh getting a little defensive over our new crush are we?”

She rolled her eyes again “Please, I don’t like that dirty, nasal voice freak”

“Sure, because I always miss people I don’t like when I’m away from them” I said.

“You are so annoying” She glared again.

I smiled “Glad to know”

“Evening campers! Gather ‘round the starting line for a big announcement!” Chris said over the loud speaker.